• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PortableApps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PortableApps

http://portableapps.com

Entire office and backup utilities on a USB stick. Damned impressive!

I prefer this method;

Linky

Got a full Ubuntu install on a 4Gb device.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I've been using the portable apps plus various other ones on an 8gig stick for a couple of years now. Ever since when I was a permie and I was let go from a job and told to leave that minute.

Having my browser and all my files on a stick is great, not that fast but very convenient.

Also for the love of all thats techy, encrypt your personal data! I found someones memory stick once, it included his tax, vat and share details, every address he has lived at since he was born. Work data and a couple of albums from high school musical. Just imagine what I could have done with all that.

Comment

Originally posted by teclo View Post
        I've been using the portable apps plus various other ones on an 8gig stick for a couple of years now. Ever since when I was a permie and I was let go from a job and told to leave that minute.

Having my browser and all my files on a stick is great, not that fast but very convenient.

Also for the love of all thats techy, encrypt your personal data! I found someones memory stick once, it included his tax, vat and share details, every address he has lived at since he was born. Work data and a couple of albums from high school musical. Just imagine what I could have done with all that.
        I'd be mortified if anyone found my copy of high school musical.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

or lost it completely

Comment

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
            or lost it completely
            Perish the thought darling

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
              http://portableapps.com

Entire office and backup utilities on a USB stick. Damned impressive!
              Yep - it's great! And you can use the firefox browser when you wifi using the company's laptop and not leave a footprint of dodgy sites visited...

(did I just say that out loud?)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X