• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tortoise...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tortoise...

Anyone here own one? Thinking of getting a Russian Tortoise - any "good" advice?

Last edited by AZZIK; 6 February 2009, 13:58.

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    Anyone here own one? Thinking of getting a Russian Tortiose - any "good" advice?

Tortoise
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Should I know what you are talking about? Please enlighten me as I really cannot be bothered to Google it.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
        Anyone here own one? Thinking of getting a Russian Tortoise - any "good" advice?

Yes. Especial top-tip if you have a blond girlfriend and children.
        Chain the lawnmower up and keep the key hidden.
        Before you mow the lawn, find the tortoise, put it in a box, put the box in a locked room.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We had one that for some reason really annoyed the dog. So much so that he bit its head off.

Comment

I’ve never liked the idea of owning a pet that in all probability would outlive me.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              We had one that for some reason really annoyed the dog. So much so that he bit its head off.
              That must have hurt. How much enjoyment does a tortoise provide as a pet? Can't see the attraction myself but am willing to be swayed.

Comment

Russian tortoises are ace, definately get yourself one.

If you get a screwdriver and prise the shell off, there is an identical, smaller one inside. Keep doing this till you get to a tiny little one in the middle. It's great fun.

Dont forget to leave plenty of food if you are going on a long journey, like a four week drive to Palestine for example

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

If you get a screwdriver and prise the shell off, there is an identical, smaller one inside. Keep doing this till you get to a tiny little one in the middle. It's great fun.

Dont forget to leave plenty of food if you are going on a long journey, like a four week drive to Palestine for example

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X