• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting a business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a business

Is now a good time with all the current economic doom and gloom?

Or is entrepreneurship dead for the time being?

I think, as long as you have a good business plan and enough capital to get started for a few years, then opportunities still exist.

Do you agree or have I been watching too much Dragons Den?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Is now a good time with all the current economic doom and gloom?

Or is entrepreneurship dead for the time being?

I think, as long as you have a good business plan and enough capital to get started for a few years, then opportunities still exist.

Do you agree or have I been watching too much Dragons Den?
    Now is a good time beleive it or not. BUT - only if it's a good idea!

Recession and downturn bring oportunities as well.....if your product/service is aligned to the market condition it can take off like anything.

Comment

I totally agree - my plan b is just being registered with co house at the moment.

although it is aimed at people who want to save money and spend less - so it's probably a good time for that anyway.
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        I totally agree - my plan b is just being registered with co house at the moment.

although it is aimed at people who want to save money and spend less - so it's probably a good time for that anyway.
        Hi de hi - Have you purchased a field in Cumbria and turning it into a holiday camp?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Was worried that I had launched Plan B at the wrong time but no problems so far.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
            Now is a good time beleive it or not. BUT - only if it's a good idea!

Recession and downturn bring oportunities as well.....if your product/service is aligned to the market condition it can take off like anything.
            WHS.

Only proceed if you know its a good idea. Dont take friends and family's word for it. They'll tell you what you want to hear.

Good luck.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Hi de hi - Have you purchased a field in Cumbria and turning it into a holiday camp?

Yep - just looking for a camp entertainer at the moment!
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Yep - just looking for a camp entertainer at the moment!

HAB
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

HAB

Sorry, I'm already booked for my own plan B. Actually, its plan A. I should be getting back to it towards the end of next week.

As to the OT. Yes, it's a great time to start a business (if the idea is good etc). HAB Inc started as part of the last banking throw out.

One extra benefit of starting a business under these economic conditions is that it makes you pay attention to cost control and cash flow.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Bloke nearby is finishing putting in a new production line ... in his ice cream factory.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X