• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uberfuhrer Brown to track our movements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uberfuhrer Brown to track our movements

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7877182.stm

The government is compiling a database to track and store the international travel records of millions of Britons.

Computerised records of all 250 million journeys made by individuals in and out of the UK each year will be kept for up to 10 years.
    I watched a lecture a few years back by a man called Barry Smith. He was a Christian, lecturing on the end times. Whether you are a Christian, FSM, or atheist was irrelevant to the lecture as he was foretelling lots of things that would happen. As the years have progressed a lot of what he predicted has come true, which I always think about when it happens.

Cashless society. ID cards. Movements tracked.
    I don't want to get into a debate about is there a God or anything. But when the government pulls stunts like this, it is a best depressing, at worst down right scary.

If Barry Smith is right about that, then he also predicts RFID chips to be inserted into humans to replace credit cards, and mass uprisings against the state.

But then again you'd need some sort of global economic crisis for that to happen so I guess we'll be ok.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Already done

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-database.html

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      It does help. Thanks.

Mines better though.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Mines better though.

Not as good as the version I am about to create though!

Comment

This kind of thing will never happen. Our best defence against it will always be the incompetence of those setting it up and/or running it. Maybe the desire is there for it and the conspiracy theorists are right ; It makes no difference. Stupidity is the norm now, people are not competent enough to carry out anything 'big' effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7877182.stm

I watched a lecture a few years back by a man called Barry Smith. He was a Christian, lecturing on the end times. Whether you are a Christian, FSM, or atheist was irrelevant to the lecture as he was foretelling lots of things that would happen. As the years have progressed a lot of what he predicted has come true, which I always think about when it happens.

Cashless society. ID cards. Movements tracked.
            I don't want to get into a debate about is there a God or anything. But when the government pulls stunts like this, it is a best depressing, at worst down right scary.

If Barry Smith is right about that, then he also predicts RFID chips to be inserted into humans to replace credit cards, and mass uprisings against the state.

But then again you'd need some sort of global economic crisis for that to happen so I guess we'll be ok.
            BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Become Invisible

I've miles
            And miles
            Of files
            Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
            and now to suit our
            great computer
            You are magnetic ink

I'm more than that, I know I am, at least, I think I must be.

There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
            Face piles
            And piles
            Of trials
            With smiles.

It riles them to believe
            that you perceive
            the web they weave
            And keep on thinking free.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Become Invisible
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 February 2009, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              This kind of thing will never happen. Our best defence against it will always be the incompetence of those setting it up and/or running it. Maybe the desire is there for it and the conspiracy theorists are right ; It makes no difference. Stupidity is the norm now, people are not competent enough to carry out anything 'big' effectively.
              The incompetence of those running it is the thing to be afraid of. Bad data and it's abuse will get us shot.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                The incompetence of those running it is the thing to be afraid of. Bad data and it's abuse will get us shot.
                Not likely, they'll have to fill in a web form to requisition bullets. They'll use piano wire.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Not likely, they'll have to fill in a web form to requisition bullets. They'll use piano wire.
                  OK so my duplicate thread needs some posts. Mine has a better title, I am infinity better looking than the OP of the other thread, and posting in this thread is guaranteed to make you prosperous and give you more self esteem, so go on. Post. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!

Comment

If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X