• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Introduction to use cases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction to use cases

Please read Use cases - an Introduction as a primer for use cases for first timers or those who want to know something about the history and the original purpose for use cases.

I have been modelling requirements using use cases for over ten years and thought it would be helpful to provide some articles introducing use cases.
    Alex Papworth

Try out Business Analyst Mentor for advice and articles on business analysis

Could someone translate or am I being dumb ?

Comment

I use cases all the time. I've even been know to use a trunk. Never a manbag though. That would be a step too far.

Comment

Ah, it's an advert for suitcases ? Thanks.

Comment

Pain in the arse. Last project used use cases but no-one could exactly identify what one was and then user stories comes in to play and it just got stupid. Whatever hapened to the days when someone said we need such a such an application, someone designed it and then soemone wrote it? (Quite often the same person all the way through.)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I rather like use cases.

Comment

They suit some occasions better than others.

They are pretty good for capturing requirements for systems that have a lot of interaction with the user, for example when you are computerising a manual process. One advantage is that they also provide the test scripts for testing.

But they are not the be-all-and-end-all for all situations which is how some people treat them.
              Last edited by Gonzo; 8 February 2009, 22:22.

Comment

Use cases - pointless but clever sounding terminology for bland MBA types to throw around in wine bars or at parties to make themselves feel smart.

When the rest of us know that all it's just a rehash of how to do good requirements analysis.

Still, I'm sure a few authors have cashed in.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Almost forgot the most important bit.

Originally posted by alex_papworth View Post
                  Please read Use cases - an Introduction as a primer for use cases for first timers or those who want to know something about the history and the original purpose for use cases.

I have been modelling requirements using use cases for over ten years and thought it would be helpful to provide some articles introducing use cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    Almost forgot the most important bit.

Absolutely agree. I have no general desire to know anything about use cases. Use Case is something I did at University. I would like to leave it there if possible. If memory serves... it has something to do with UML?
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X