• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minister For Dodgy Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minister For Dodgy Expenses

I thought removing our civil liberties was enough.

Now we find Jaqui Smith is morally corrupt too!

"Minister for dodgy expenses: How CAN Jacqui Smith justify £116,000 claim for home costs while staying with her sister? "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-sister.html
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Scum rises to the top.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Seductive as it is to have a go at the people taking advantage if we don't like them, it is the system that allows it and therefore the system that needs to be fixed.

You can't really have a go at the people that maximise their opportunities to rake in the cash - it is what we all do afterall.

</GROWNUP>

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Seductive as it is to have a go at the people taking advantage if we don't like them, it is the system that allows it and therefore the system that needs to be fixed.

You can't really have a go at the people that maximise their opportunities to rake in the cash - it is what we all do afterall.

</GROWNUP>
        Yes, but MPs have a moral responsibility towards the electorate. Computer contractors do not.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Yes, but MPs have a moral responsibility towards the electorate. Computer contractors do not.
          You have no idea how much it pains me to be defending a Labour MP, I will need to have a shower afterwards but,

It would appear that she has done everything according to the rules.

Therefore the rules are wrong. She isn't and she is the wrong target.

Comment

You have no idea how much it pains me to be defending a Labour MP, I will need to have a shower afterwards but,

Adolf Hitler followed the rules, but we still would have hung him. Smith is part of the organisation that produces the rules

that's the difference

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Adolf Hitler followed the rules, but we still would have hung him. Smith is part of the organisation that produces the rules

that's the difference

Hence why she will never be an Independent politician. The political establishment is corrupt to no end. If there is an opportunity to sh@ft the electorate out of as much money as possible, the Blues, Yellows and Reds will be happy to do it. You know the saying... kick a poor man when he is down. (The same applies to women as well).
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Give me strength!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Give me strength!
                  It seems that she has followed the rules and done well out of them.

I don't see that it is reasonable to attack anyone for doing exactly that. Do you?

Comment

It seems that she has followed the rules and done well out of them.

I don't see that it is reasonable to attack anyone for doing exactly that. Do you?
                    He is making the distinction between something being legal and something being moral.

i.e. just because it's legal doesn't make it right (a bit like IR35 really)

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X