• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

valentines day..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valentines day..

I know most of you are bah humbug grumpy old sods but for those where romance is not dead, what are your plans?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I plan to wait by the letterbox for the flood of cards to arrive.

Comment

Mrs MM is playing hockey on Saturday, so I doubt we'll do anything an the day.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why do you need a 'special day' to demonstrate romance - Valentines day is a tedious marketing driven event designed to stimulate the retail market in the dark days between Crimble & Easter.

Wimmin are pressurised by their peers to expect, & men these days don't seem to have the balls to stand up against this crass marketing.

bah humbug etc. etc.
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm with Troll on this one (unless there is Champagne involved)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Why do you need a 'special day' to demonstrate romance - Valentines day is a tedious marketing driven event designed to stimulate the retail market in the dark days between Crimble & Easter.

Wimmin are pressurised by their peers to expect, & men these days don't seem to have the balls to stand up against this crass marketing.

bah humbug etc. etc.
            yay. common sense raises it's head
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Valentine's Day is our wedding anniversary.

Just the one present needed, and I get plenty of reminders from shops in the run up to it.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                This was my stock response to my 1st wife, 2nd wife, 3rd wife and recent ex-girlfriend.

Seems to be a sensible approach to romance.

Comment

No one taking the Mrs up the Oxo tower?
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    No one taking the Mrs up the Oxo tower?
                    whats her number then ? I'll give it a go

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X