• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Level crossing risks at four year high

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level crossing risks at four year high

Nutters

1st one was close, 2nd not really but the 3rd…
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

There's only one winner between a 1000tonne train travelling at speed and...

Well pretty much anything really.
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

I'm not convinced about the first one. For a start it's in Wales, and for another, the red flashing lights aren't. I reckon they speeded up the film.

Where I used to live, there was a level crossing, but also a footbridge so pedestrians didn't have to wait.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I'm not convinced about the first one. For a start it's in Wales, and for another, the red flashing lights aren't. I reckon they speeded up the film.

Where I used to live, there was a level crossing, but also a footbridge so pedestrians didn't have to wait.
        Maybe but there's no doubt about the 3rd, the train took his shoe off.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I used to have to cross one of three crossing every day to get to previous ClientCo's office, and typically the gates would close at least 5 minutes before the train arrived. And often they'd stay closed because there was another train 5 mins away.

I think they're making it up.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've never seen anybody so determined to win a Darwin Award.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Nutters

1st one was close, 2nd not really but the 3rd…
              Photoshopped.

1st looks like a fake to me.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Photoshopped.

1st looks like a fake to me.
                Hell of a good PhotoShop job then.

The shadows are right, the reflections are right, it all looks right.

The only thing I'd say is that the frame rate seems rather accelerated.

Not a fake IMHO.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Hell of a good PhotoShop job then.

The shadows are right, the reflections are right, it all looks right.

The only thing I'd say is that the frame rate seems rather accelerated.

Not a fake IMHO.

It looks genuine to me !!

Comment

ROLFMAO its video like this that make it great to be alive

Comment

Working...
                    X