• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS and bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS and bonuses

Anyone else thinking of taking their business elsewhere?

I'm thinking of moving my personal account to Nationwide, building societies used to be a bit slower to credit accounts compared to banks, is this still the case or are they much the same these days?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I'm with FD. They were great 10 years ago. Still great today.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I'm thinking of moving my personal account to Nationwide, building societies used to be a bit slower to credit accounts compared to banks, is this still the case or are they much the same these days?
      Still the case. Pedantically, it is not the building societies but the banks that are slow to credit to building society accounts. Surprise.

Nationwide are not perfect, but do have 3 things I like:
      1. No commission on foreign currency transactions on debit card.
      2. If you have a balance on a credit card, they put your repayments to the costliest first.
      3. They publish interest rates on the website outside the logged-in area: i.e. you can see that you're getting the same rates as everybody else.

Comment

My personal accounts and indeed mortgage, are with NatWest, but I'm not intending to change - as much as the whole bonus debacle irks me, it's not as irritating as having to deal with Lloyds or Barclays, which I have done in the past.

I'm sure there are other accounts that provide as good a service as my current set-up, but I'm just not prepared to gamble on it.
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I've closed my personal bank account with them just before Christmas. Got fed up with being targetted with them trying to sell me things like Life Insurance / Assurance, Advantage Gold, Loans, Higher overdrafts, etc. etc.

Moved to HSBC, where my business account is, and am generally happier with the service I am getting.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Been with the Nationwide 21 years...

Cheques generally take a day or 2 extra to clear (Banks fault not theirs), but they seem pretty fair on all other matters.

They try to keep things simple and at the end of the day, any money they make gets ploughed back rather than ending up in someones pocket.
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
              I'm with FD. They were great 10 years ago. Still great today.

WHS !! ... and I've been with them from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                Been with the Nationwide 21 years...

Cheques generally take a day or 2 extra to clear (Banks fault not theirs), but they seem pretty fair on all other matters.

I hadn't noticed that. I do know they credit interest from the moment paid in though
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My One Account mortgage is with RBS and I'm very happy with it. Why should I change?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    My One Account mortgage is with RBS and I'm very happy with it. Why should I change?
                    You shouldn't, as long as you’re happy that the profit they make from your account plus the tax you pay for public services and national security is used to reward those hardworking, trustworthy banking executives …god bless em'.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X