• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Floppies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floppies

Was in my local Tesco at the weekend and whilst in the electrical section noticed they had a shelf with boxes of floppy disks on clearance for about £2.30'ish.

I think someone should tell them the floppy disk is dead and that they would be better off sticking them in the bin. Or maybe the credit crunch is affecting them more than they are admitting - Tesco, every little helps!

Sort of thing my wife would buy, knowing they were utterly useless: "but were a bargain!"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Was in my local Tesco at the weekend and whilst in the electrical section noticed they had a shelf with boxes of floppy disks on clearance for about £2.30'ish.

I think someone should tell them the floppy disk is dead and that they would be better off sticking them in the bin. Or maybe the credit crunch is affecting them more than they are admitting - Tesco, every little helps!
      I needed some recently to load some SATA drivers during a Vista install, so they can still be useful/necessary.

Comment

floppy disks are dead??
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Are we talking 5¼ or 3½ inch here?
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Maybe they will become 'collectors items'?
            Mr ZB is selling certain casette tapes for about 40 quid each
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I came back from Tesco's with a stiffie.

HTH
              Last edited by DimPrawn; 9 February 2009, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
                size doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
                  Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  size doesn't matter
                  Does if your trying to fit a 5¼ floppy into a 3½ inch drive.
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    Maybe they will become 'collectors items'?
                    Mr ZB is selling certain casette tapes for about 40 quid each

For £40 there had better be some very good "premium" content on those tapes.

Comment

Working...
                    X