• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wazzocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wazzocks

Sally Anne asked me to post this, because she wants to see a fight.

The general synod are meeting today and one item on the agenda is membership of the BNP by the clergy. Now I think this epitomises everything I hate about organised religion, I mean, if there is a God, and you have faith, it's going to be pretty difficult to hide your opinions, membership or not just is not going to fool the big fella.

It seems like more left wing, politically correct, airy fairy, namby pamby, wishy washy, arty farty, girly whirly hand wringing to me. Wazzocks.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 10 February 2009, 14:02.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

The general synod are meeting today and one item on the agenda is membership of the BNP by the clergy. Now I think this epitomises everything I hate about organised religion, I mean, if there is a God, and you have faith, it's going to be pretty difficult to hide your opinions, membership or not just is not going to fool the big fella.

It seems like more left wing, politically correct, airy fairy, namby pamby, wishy washy, arty farty, girky whirly hand wringing to me. Wazzocks.

Is this you making a serious post again?!!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

It seems like more left wing, politically correct, airy fairy, namby pamby, wishy washy, arty farty, girky whirly hand wringing to me. Wazzocks.

Perhaps the CofE wish to follow the shining example of their Vatican counterparts, who welcomed a holocaust denier back into the fold.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

girky whirly?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Haven't heard the term 'wazzocks' (sic) for a long time. Class...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Don't think it's about each individual's standing with the Almighty, somehow.

Since this is a boring topic, has anyone seen the new Film "Doubt"? It looked interesting unless it plays on the "all priests are evil" stereotype...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Don't think it's about each individual's standing with the Almighty, somehow.

Since this is a boring topic, has anyone seen the new Film "Doubt"? It looked interesting unless it plays on the "all priests are evil" stereotype...
              Just out of interest, how do you think the alleged Almighty would view membership of an extreme right wing organisation?

Better or worse than atheism?

Would He prefer, assuming for a moment that ‘He’ exists, to allow entry to the kingdom of heaven, a friendly, charitable, fair minded atheist or a xenophobic, jingoistic and rather judgmental but devout Christian?

I think this is, to some extent, the point of the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Would He prefer, assuming for a moment that ‘He’ exists...
                You sexist git

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  You sexist git
                  You don’t say.

You might be right though, just imagine if God's a woman; there are going to be a lot of Christians in very hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    You don’t say.

You might be right though, just imagine if God's a woman; there are going to be a lot of Christians in very hot water.
                    As an agnostic, I'll be pleasantly surprised if there is indeed a God and a heaven...

Comment

Working...
                    X