PDA

View Full Version : Printing Money

DimPrawn
10th February 2009, 14:55
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7881178.stm

The former MPC members are now urging the Bank to consider the use of quantitative easing - creating money to buy assets - as a tool for ensuring economic stability.

The Bank has already begun drawing from the Asset Purchase Facility - a government-authorised fund - to buy high-quality corporate debt and similar assets.

Dr DeAnne Julius told the BBC: "We are clearly at the end of monetary policy as we know it."

How long before we see the £10,000,000,000,000,000 note?

BrilloPad
10th February 2009, 14:57
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7881178.stm

The former MPC members are now urging the Bank to consider the use of quantitative easing - creating money to buy assets - as a tool for ensuring economic stability.

The Bank has already begun drawing from the Asset Purchase Facility - a government-authorised fund - to buy high-quality corporate debt and similar assets.

Dr DeAnne Julius told the BBC: "We are clearly at the end of monetary policy as we know it."

How long before we see the £10,000,000,000,000,000 note?

They can give it to me : I will help get the velocity of money increasing.

gingerjedi
10th February 2009, 15:00
Hyperinflation, bring it on... I'll have that mortgage paid off in no time. :banana:

Mich the Tester
10th February 2009, 15:01
Why not just allow people to pay with photocopied fivers? It saves money on printing presses.

ratewhore
10th February 2009, 15:06
CUK - The Cream of the IT Contracting Community

Rich, thick and full of clots.

I see what you did there...

DiscoStu
10th February 2009, 15:48
Hyperinflation, bring it on... I'll have that mortgage paid off in no time. :banana:

And I can kiss what I have left on credit cards goodbye :banana:

contractor79
10th February 2009, 16:10
that's not fair on people who save, the responsible people

DiscoStu
10th February 2009, 16:12
that's not fair on people who save, the responsible people

Life? Fair?

contractor79
10th February 2009, 16:20
why should the fiscally responsible suffer at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible

Mich the Tester
10th February 2009, 16:27
why should the fiscally responsible suffer at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible
Because the fiscally irresponsible wield power.

DiscoStu
10th February 2009, 16:28

Because if we get stuck in a deflationary spiral it will be worse for everyone. Buy gold!

gingerjedi
10th February 2009, 16:34

If I had to save for a house I'd get the keys on pension day, where should I live in the meantime?

Why don't you lend some of your money out and charge interest rather than expecting large financial institutions take all the risk?

BrilloPad
10th February 2009, 16:35

So the one-eyed idiot can be re-elected

HTH

contractor79
10th February 2009, 17:10

HTH

he's above his station, isn't he

expat
10th February 2009, 17:20

HTHI have no problem with that characterisation :wink

Sysman
10th February 2009, 22:09

If you owe the bank twenty thousand you have a problem.

If you owe the bank twenty million they have a problem.

* adjust for inflation/deflation as necessary.

SantaClaus
10th February 2009, 22:46

HTH

Erm, Scottish one-eyed idiot :)

Apologies to all decent Scotts out there.