• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone watch the Terry Pratchett Program?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting, I didn't know that variant of Alzheimer's even existed. Not a very cheery program, and I don't even know anyone who suffers.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Very interesting, I didn't know that variant of Alzheimer's even existed. Not a very cheery program, and I don't even know anyone who suffers.
    I saw it last week.
    I am a recent convert to his books and found him rather likable in a very difficult situation. My other half thought he was grumpy and crotchety, I think we watched the same program.....
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I can't remember.

IGMC

Comment

I'll probably make myself (more) unpopular now, but I think his books are drivel.

Much the same idea as the late Douglas Adams. It's formulaic: Take one idea/joke/conceit and beat it wafer thin over several million words.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I ca..

[sh1t, someone got there first]
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            I'll probably make myself (more) unpopular now, but I think his books are drivel.

Much the same idea as the late Douglas Adams. It's formulaic: Take one idea/joke/conceit and beat it wafer thin over several million words.
            Which ones have you read, out of interest? The early books aren't nearly as good as the later ones. Though I think "The Unadulterated Cat" is one of his best.

I liked his comment as he went on stage at the fanfest "My name is..." (reaches for piece of paper).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Works for CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Really interesting, and good to see someone like him raising awareness and donating to the cause etc. etc. but WTF were the old blokes dressed as Greeks all about ??? That lost me completely.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Which ones have you read, out of interest? The early books aren't nearly as good as the later ones. Though I think "The Unadulterated Cat" is one of his best.

I liked his comment as he went on stage at the fanfest "My name is..." (reaches for piece of paper).
                  Strata, Dark Side of the Sun when I was young and the first couple of books in the Discworld series. Rapidly lost interest. Even at 15 I could see it was lazy pretentious crap.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Works for CUK.

What's with your av prawn?

Some creepy old geezer feeling up some uninterested bird.

What's it all about?

Please revert to your customary crustacean form.

Comment

Working...
                    X