• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

scrum masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrum masters

Had an interview with a "Scrum Master" this morning. That was how he introduced himself. The man was a tw@t and somehow managed to get right up my nose. Realising I probably wasn't right for the gig anyway my parting question to him was "You don't take this rubbish seriously - do you?". Look on his face was priceless. Just found out that I'm not "the right fit", hee hee. Maybe my interviewing technique is a little rusty.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Had an interview with a "Scrum Master" this morning. That was how he introduced himself. The man was a tw@t and somehow managed to get right up my nose. Realising I probably wasn't right for the gig anyway my parting question to him was "You don't take this rubbish seriously - do you?". Look on his face was priceless. Just found out that I'm not "the right fit", hee hee. Maybe my interviewing technique is a little rusty.

Scrum master. Nice. Wonder if he puts that on his bank loan form
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There was one of these types next to me at my last gig, spent his whole day 'organising the development process'.

I was told he was 'going places' was on the architecture steering group but on the side of his desk he had a cut out sheet of OO basics.

Proves that in these banks you can go places by talking complete crap all day.

Comment

Agile works, it really does. But all the happy clappy stuff that goes with it is enough to put most people off.

My favourite cringe-worthy terminology was the line about whether to attend someone's standup as a chicken or a pig...

(answer: think of the standup meeting as a breakfast. the chicken provides the egg so isn't committed, but the pig provides the bacon and is )
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Scrum Master?

Were you trying out for the Welsh pack or something?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Pardon me for being thick, but am i right in assuming that you are referring to http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrummaster ?

If so, I can see why it doesn't work.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Is he a large, fit, angry looking Samoan with tattoos from head to toe?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Is he a large, fit, angry looking Samoan with tattoos from head to toe?
                Are you bi-curious?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

These were the same feckers that caused untold misery with design patterns for about a decade, this is their new mechanism of workplace torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Are you bi-curious?
                    No, just preparing to deal out a good kicking to any management prat that goes around calling himself a 'scrum master'.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X