• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

my landlord just went into administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my landlord just went into administration

He was such a nice guy too.

We're just hoping that nobody buys the building so we can continue here. Some of us don't have leases. eek! (that includes me!) The wife just laid out £k's on carpet and signage too.

Its a grotty old building..and the tenants are now thinking of buying it to protect ourselves.

Another victim of the credit crunch. The twit landlord had made a huge investment in the US which went tits up only weeks after he'd put every cent he had into it. fool!
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    He was such a nice guy too.

We're just hoping that nobody buys the building so we can continue here. Some of us don't have leases. eek! (that includes me!) The wife just laid out £k's on carpet and signage too.

Its a grotty old building..and the tenants are now thinking of buying it to protect ourselves.

Another victim of the credit crunch. The twit landlord had made a huge investment in the US which went tits up only weeks after he'd put every cent he had into it. fool!
    You bought carpet and signage(whatever that is) in a rented pad?

Comment

I suspect it's rented business premises, that or I read his post wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I suspect it's rented business premises, that or I read his post wrong.
        ahhhhh.

seems odd to spend it without a lease. still : whoever takes it over will probably want to keep the tenants.....

Comment

The purchasor usually wants the tenants to stay.

Few people buy "multi" occupancy business property to use for their own business.

tim

Comment

'tis me without the lease...wife has a five year one for her office.

We're wondering who will buy the place...it is so rubbish. Not like those posh multi-tenancy places with elevators and wide corridors. This is about 5 very old terraces slammed together. I get lost in it sometimes.

Still, its right in the middle of town with parking in the back and the rents are cheap.

Hee hee. the previous management of the building also went tits up..and they had all the copies of the leases...and they lost them all! So we can tell the administrators anything we like. They were asking me for a copy of my lease....think I'll just make one up now.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              'tis me without the lease...wife has a five year one for her office.

We're wondering who will buy the place...it is so rubbish. Not like those posh multi-tenancy places with elevators and wide corridors. This is about 5 very old terraces slammed together. I get lost in it sometimes.

Still, its right in the middle of town with parking in the back and the rents were cheap.

Hee hee. the previous management of the building also went tits up..and they had all the copies of the leases...and they lost them all! So we can tell the administrators anything we like. They were asking me for a copy of my lease....think I'll just make one up now.
              updated for new reality
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
              X