• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe its a big horse, I'm a Londoner.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe its a big horse, I'm a Londoner.....

The world has gone mad. £2m for a big white horse that will never win a race.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7880889.stm
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    The world has gone mad. £2m for a big white horse that will never win a race.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7880889.stm
    It's to get all those Frenchies over here on the Eurostar - They'll be looking for a slap up feast with the size of the horse we have in the UK
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      It's to get all those Frenchies over here on the Eurostar - They'll be looking for a slap up feast with the size of the horse we have in the UK
      Imagine the size of the shovel you'd need clearing up after that thing.

Why didn't they create a huge rocking horse or something? I would have paid to have a go on that.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Personally I think the project will be a non runner
        Blood in your poo

Comment

It's art. If you don't understand it or don't appreciate it then you are thick. Apparently.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Good thinking.

All they need to do now is rename Ebbsfleet to Oeuvres and then they can call it the Hors d'Oeuvres

Comment

Who gets saddled with the bill for this
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                It's art. If you don't understand it or don't appreciate it then you are thick. Apparently.
                Why is 'art' so bloody expensive though? Couldn't they have fashioned it out of some of the junk in the skip that's parked down the bottom of the street? A few rusty prams and a dog eared mattress would have looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  Good thinking.

All they need to do now is rename Ebbsfleet to Oeuvres and then they can call it the Hors d'Oeuvres
                  Please get your coat....and no, you haven't pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    normal

Not quite sure why you would want a statue of something you can see for real in that part of the world. At least with the Angel of the North, you can attempt to call it art as it is not a model of a real thing...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X