• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And it's goodbye from him...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's goodbye from him...

Just heard on the news... very sad.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

And he was only 76. I always thought of him as being a lot older. Sad news - a great comedy figure.

Comment

The best

Without doubt the best TV comedy actor this country has ever produced. There aren't many who can play different accents/characters so well and so convincingly demonstarated in the two ronnies and other work. E.g Fletcher in Porridge and Arkright in OAH which are from the oposites ends of the spectrum personality wise infact it's hard to belive they were played by the same man. Great techinal comedian too, some of those word play sketches were a work of art.

He was one of those people who made you smile before he even said anything. Sad day indeed!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yes very sad. It seemed as though after coming back from retirement to play Churchill's butler a couple of years ago he was going to go on and on.

Comment

Another sad day. Soon all that will be left in the world will be straight men - like Ronnie Corbett, Ernie Wise and Les Dennis.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Another sad day. Soon all that will be left in the world will be straight men - like Ronnie Corbett, Ernie Wise and Les Dennis.

When you say Straight, you mean you prefer batting the other side of the wicket?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Ernie Wise died in 1999.

As for Les Dennis...he did marry Amanda Holden

Last edited by voron; 4 October 2005, 10:51.

Comment

IS ERNIE WISE DEAD ???

What's Eric Morcombe going to do now ?
                I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by voron
                  As for Les Dennis...he did marry Amanda Holden [/IMG]
                  More, Voron, more... nearly there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    More, Voron, more... nearly there.....
                    Ah, can't see the picture!!!!

There are lots of lovely pictures of Ms Holden on the net. Being at work means I have to resist them
                    Still, this is nice...
                    Last edited by voron; 4 October 2005, 11:07.

Comment

Working...
                    X