• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I may finally have blown it…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may finally have blown it…

I nearly threw a few people out of the window in this morning’s team meeting. In fact, I nearly exploded. I ended up saying it was self evident that the ‘Management team’ of ClientCo’s IT department is ‘unfit for purpose’ and described the team leader of my department as ‘a wet rag who doesn’t dare to tell his superiors the truth’.

After the meeting, managers sat around chatting among themselves.

I have a feeling this gig might not last much longer.

Still, I got it off my chest.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Pretend it never happened and deny all knowledge. Do you have a twin who could take the blame?
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

No, too many witnesses to deny it, and if I did have a twin brother he probably wouldn’t be any more tactful than I am.

Comment

Just tell them you forgot to take your tablets this morning...
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I nearly threw a few people out of the window in this morning’s team meeting. In fact, I nearly exploded. I ended up saying it was self evident that the ‘Management team’ of ClientCo’s IT department is ‘unfit for purpose’ and described the team leader of my department as ‘a wet rag who doesn’t dare to tell his superiors the truth’.

What's the name of the company and the hiring manager? I might want to send my CV over to them.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I do wish Reid had never said it, the phrase "not fit for purpose" is just too tellingly seductive.

Comment

Good for you Mitch.

I busted a gig like that myself.

There are times when the truth must out and diplomacy can take a walk.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

No, too many witnesses to deny it, and if I did have a twin brother he probably wouldn’t be any more tactful than I am.
                Oh well. Learn from it and move on. No point crying over spilt milk and you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. In for a penny, in for a pound.....

Just in case: http://jobserve.co.uk/
                I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Think of the money.....

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Good for you Mitch.

I busted a gig like that myself.

There are times when the truth must out and diplomacy can take a walk.
                    I can’t say too much about the particular issue but it’s something that I’ve been very diplomatic about for about the last 4 months, and my patience finally broke. Basically I’m being prevented from doing my work in a professional way by the utter incompetence of those who manage test environments and security. Management know it’s a problem and know they have a major security issue AND a block to completing projects, but they simply don’t understand or even care about it.

Add to that, they cut all rates by nearly 20%. Perhaps that 20% was the extra bit they paid for diplomacy.

Comment

Working...
                    X