• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London property rising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London property rising

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...ndon-locations

Asking prices for properties in London's best-heeled areas increased by an average of 1.3% (£16,106) in January, according to Primelocation.com – the second index to report a rise in house prices last month.

The survey, which focuses on the most expensive neighbourhoods in London, showed prices had increased to an average of £1.3m over the month, with the biggest increase in west and south-west London where asking prices rose by 2.29% or £21,418. The market was particularly buoyant in Hammersmith and Chiswick where sellers increased prices by 14.3% month-on-month.

Boomed!

At least we know where CyberTory lives now.

London property is rising? Easy explanation; I’ve heard that some wealthy Londoners have attached airships to their rooftops to make a quick but comfortable get away when the tulip hits the fan. Attach enough airships and the whole street will rise.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mother (who is in the know about these things for her job) says,

Market was pretty good in January. Will need to see February's figures to see if market has turned or not.

If they are tulip then is will crash further. If they are ok (similar to Jan) then it may be the start of the recovery.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Mother (who is in the know about these things for her job) says,

Market was pretty good in January. Will need to see February's figures to see if market has turned or not.

If they are tulip then is will crash further. If they are ok (similar to Jan) then it may be the start of the recovery.
        For god's sake don't wait. Get your offers in now whilst these £4M terraced houses are a bargain basement prices!!! Wait an month and it will cost you dearly!!!

The recession is over, unemployment is falling like a stone and low cost mortgages are flooding out of the healthy banking system.

Yours,

Kirsty and Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          For god's sake don't wait. Get your offers in now whilst these £4M terraced houses are a bargain basement prices!!! Wait an month and it will cost you dearly!!!

The recession is over, unemployment is falling like a stone and low cost mortgages are flooding out of the healthy banking system.

Yours,

Kirsty and Phil.

Failed businessman Phil Spencer.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

London House Prices

AFAIH the top end of londons house market £2 Mill + was never really affected. People buying in this bracket dont really need mortgages.

The top end of london boasts some of the most expensive property on the planet.

Then again maybe the shamed bankers have all had comfort houses bought for them by offshore trusts with a deffered bonus to compensate for getting publicly humiliated by our good MPs.

Thats should push it up a bit.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Figures are nonsense unless we see the raw stats they were based on. Economic climate at present simply does not support the reported January rise.

Best to just watch Land Registry figures, the Halifax and Nationwide figures are all pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                Figures are nonsense unless we see the raw stats they were based on. Economic climate at present simply does not support the reported January rise.

Best to just watch Land Registry figures, the Halifax and Nationwide figures are all pants!
                Unless Beeny says prices are rising, it ain't true.

Remember, Beeny knows best!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Unless Beeny says prices are rising, it ain't true.

Remember, Beeny knows best!
                  breast

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                    The top end of london boasts some of the most expensive property on the planet.
                    Also the top end of Swindon beats most of the rural areas properties in China.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X