• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bought an Ebay banger……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought an Ebay banger……

Automatic Eunos Roadster. Basically a Japanese MX5.

The thing has been in a warehouse for the last year, hence the brakes have seized up somewhat.

Getting it transported on a trailer to play it safe, and to save writing off a Saturday.

When working it should shift for £1300. I am getting for around £600.

No MOT, hence will be busy doing some diy brake repairs over the coming weekend, then decide if I flog or keep.

Oh, a nice green mossy area in the centre of the car as well, so will be busy valeting!

The way the market is, this could be a good plan B!

When is the (abridged) serialization available?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Good luck with the rear calipers...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Good luck with the rear calipers...
        Will need more than luck for those........

Comment

I thought I saw an advert for Wilmslow this morning on the M62 (a road he uses). I passed a van with the words Wilmslow Plant Hire and figured it might be him offering his cabbage like services - but then remembered he was a permie
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Good plan B! 'Fun' cars are going to be in such demand, what with everyone having loads of spare cash and all.

So after you've tried flogging it for 3 months and resorted to auctioning it (probably on eBay) you'll be soooorteeed!

Ker-ching!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Automatic Eunos Roadster. Basically a Japanese MX5.

The thing has been in a warehouse for the last year, hence the brakes have seized up somewhat.

Getting it transported on a trailer to play it safe, and to save writing off a Saturday.

When working it should shift for £1300. I am getting for around £600.

No MOT, hence will be busy doing some diy brake repairs over the coming weekend, then decide if I flog or keep.

Oh, a nice green mossy area in the centre of the car as well, so will be busy valeting!

The way the market is, this could be a good plan B!
              With your luck with cars, I think not!

How's the Ford <insert curtesy car of choice this week>?
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

What's the paintwork like on it? My Eunos is fading and requires urgent attention with a mop.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  What's the paintwork like on it? My Eunos is fading and requires urgent attention with a mop.
                  I've always wanted to have a play with a Porter Cable. Are you considering investing?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I've always wanted to have a play with a Porter Cable. Are you considering investing?
                    That looks like a serious piece of kit. I was thinking of buying a decent mop after chatting to the bloke that services my car - his main business is restoring classic cars, and he recommended paying the extra for a decent one. I've also been offered a mop on loan, so I'll probably check that out first.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X