• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Bust - Credit Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Bust - Credit Insurance

Hi,

There's a very good chance that some agencies may go under during the next few years as the crunch bites and revenues dry up.

My agency pays me about 5 weeks in arrears therefore if they go bust I'll have to wait in line as an unsecured creditor for 5 weeks money.

Has anyone got any info or have any current credit insurance that is competitive for small LTD companies.

I looked at a few places but they were going to charge me between 3-5% of my Ltd company turnover.

That's a bit more than I'd be willing to pay for peace of mind.

Speak to the PCG.

Next!!
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Speak to the PCG.

Next!!
      Where did you get that avatar from?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

To add some detail to the above reply:

The PCG (www.pcg.org.uk) offer "PCG plus" membership, one of the many benefits of this is up to £5,000 of cover if your agency or direct client goes bust.

Comment

5 weeks in arrears seems a long time. I get paid (money in account) on Thursday for previous week. Provided I get timesheets authorized by Tuesday night.

Comment

Working...
          X