• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News !!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News !!!!!

The outcome of the Northern Rock Judicial Review will be announced at
    9.45am on 13th February...... ie Friday !!!

Lets all hope for proper compensation for those hard-pressed shareholders and pension funds !!!!

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The outcome of the Northern Rock Judicial Review will be announced at
    9.45am on 13th February...... ie Friday !!!

Lets all hope for proper compensation for those hard-pressed shareholders and pension funds !!!!
    Doubt that would happen. Lost £300 in Northern Rock. Luckily, only a small loss. But if I can get more than what I put in, then I won't say no.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Cybertosser bet his shirt on sub prime and now wants compensation for his own stupidity. I think it would be fairer to compensate his mother for having such a wretched twat for a son.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Cybertosser bet his shirt on sub prime and now wants compensation for his own stupidity. I think it would be fairer to compensate his mother for having such a wretched twat for a son.

Sourpuss again has no clue.

The Rock has repaid 14 billion pounds of HMG loans and has just been given another 10 Billion loan to restart lending. It had no supbrime because any potential subprime mortgage deals were sold onto Lehmans on a pure commission basis.

Comment

Sourpuss again has no clue.

The Rock has repaid 14 billion pounds of HMG loans and has just been given another 10 Billion loan to restart lending. It had no supbrime because any potential subprime mortgage deals were sold onto Lehmans on a pure commission basis.
          If it paid off £14bln back to the Govt. why did it need another £10bln? Them paying back £14bln would imply that they are cash solvent enough to not request any further finance from the Govt. Sorry, I'm confusing myself here.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            If it paid off £14bln back to the Govt. why did it need another £10bln? Them paying back £14bln would imply that they are cash solvent enough to not request any further finance from the Govt. Sorry, I'm confusing myself here.

Exactly. The Rock was nationalised to repay the loans by reducing its mortgage book by writing no new mortgages and calling in current mortgages.

HMG has reversed its policy because it has admitted this was a mistake because it was reducing mortgage liquidity in the country. It shows that the Rock should never have been nationalised and that Vince Cable is a pillock.

Comment

I very much look forward to Friday morning and the opportunity for ribbing and mockery it will hopefully bring
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                I very much look forward to Friday morning and the opportunity for ribbing and mockery it will hopefully bring
                So do I, and even if we win or lose, the next step is the ECOHR.

Comment

Exactly. The Rock was nationalised to repay the loans by reducing its mortgage book by writing no new mortgages and calling in current mortgages.

HMG has reversed its policy because it has admitted this was a mistake because it was reducing mortgage liquidity in the country. It shows that the Rock should never have been nationalised and that Vince Cable is a pillock.
                  Ah yes. It's all flooding back to me know. I'm still gobsmacked with the whole nationalisation thing. They should have, at worst, been converted into a mutual and taken over by Nationwide.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                    Ah yes. It's all flooding back to me know. I'm still gobsmacked with the whole nationalisation thing. They should have, at worst, been converted into a mutual and taken over by Nationwide.

Any takeover would have been better than being run by the HMG imbeciles. As it was, Lloyds made an offer of 4 quid a share in August 2007 but HMG refused to give any guarantees on the debts and refused loans, thus causing a run after leaking this to the press via Robert Peston. Now though, they are guaranteeing every banks debts without a thought !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X