• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater allen now paying 0% interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater allen now paying 0% interest

Just wanted to transfer some money form a notice account that has >20k but less than 50k. Advisor tells me there will be no penalty as the account is earning no interest
    Thought I would check and she is right FFS

£ 500000 +

£ 100000 +

£ 50000 +

£ 10000 +

£ 5000 +

I'm so glad I'm paying for the feckless!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Just wanted to transfer some money form a notice account that has >20k but less than 50k. Advisor tells me there will be no penalty as the account is earning no interest
    Thought I would check and she is right FFS

£ 500000 +

£ 100000 +

£ 50000 +

£ 10000 +

£ 5000 +

I'm so glad I'm paying for the flipless!
    Here in NL interest rates are stupidly low too, but if you pay too much tax you get the surplus paid back a year later at 'wettelijke rente' (legal interest) of 5%. The self employed pay tax firstly on an estimate basis with the estimate provided by themselves, and this is corrected later. Of course, there's never been a better time to pay too much tax and lots of people are taking advantage.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The reserve account is even worse, pays nothing up to a million
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        The reserve account is even worse, pays nothing up to a million
        Frightening to think that someone who's saved 1 million pounds and intends to use the interest as a pension is now living off 7500 pounds per year; you could now have the ridiculous situation of millionaires needing housing benefit and income support to get by. Alternatively, you get capital flight as people try to find another country where they can live from their savings. This is just creating a new economic cataclysm a few years down the road.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The go out and spend it all. Or throw a big party and invite all of us!

Comment

I'd draw it all out now if it weren't belonging to HMRC or on the other hand.... if I were SallyAnne

Comment

It is the people that are retiring now with defined contribution pension schemes that I feel for. Look at the current annuity rates

http://www.annuity-bureau.co.uk/AF_C...rates_rpi.html

With figures like that it is impossible to look anyone in the eye and tell them that it is worth saving for a pension. They might as well not bother (unless the government changes the rules again on compulsory annuities, which I suppose is possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                It is the people that are retiring now with defined contribution pension schemes that I feel for. Look at the current annuity rates

http://www.annuity-bureau.co.uk/AF_C...rates_rpi.html

With figures like that it is impossible to look anyone in the eye and tell them that it is worth saving for a pension. They might as well not bother (unless the government changes the rules again on compulsory annuities, which I suppose is possible).
                I can't believe a man aged 65 only get 4.7%. I am sure it was more than that before the crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Frightening to think that someone who's saved 1 million pounds and intends to use the interest as a pension is now living off 7500 pounds per year; you could now have the ridiculous situation of millionaires needing housing benefit and income support to get by. Alternatively, you get capital flight as people try to find another country where they can live from their savings. This is just creating a new economic cataclysm a few years down the road.
                  Give it about 14 months and interest rates will be giving people even with half that much a very comfortable income. When we get through this bit of fun, the stable interest rate level will be at lot more painful than it was before the fun started.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

either that or sterling will be toast

Comment

Working...
                    X