• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stories from the bench.. day #....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stories from the bench.. day #....

Agent left me a message today on my mobile "calling about role xxxx please can you return the call as soon as possible".

Returned the call just before lunch to be told "sorry he's busy" by a colleague.

Called again after lunch to which agent answered the phone. Introduced myself, returning your call etc.. "ah right, yes it was just a general call to see what your current status is etc, but I'm really busy right now can I take your number and call you later?"..

"yeah, no problem".

Why can't the snakey ****s just say "sorry I found the person I needed, but thanks".

Also been speaking to another guy the last 2 weeks who told me he was just out the army and new to the recruitment industry. He updates me almost daily with apologies for the delay from the client, etc.. wonder how long before the industry culture consumes his good character.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Agent calls and leaves a message asking for me to call back, I call back no more than two minutes later and he aint got a clue who I am, I say you just left me a VM, he goes oh you !

I can see this is a fishing trip so I let him carry on ! after about a couple of mintues he says I'm happy to send your CV across, I say great who's the client he replies back saying I cannot tell you. So I say my CV is going the client but you won't tell me, thats strange !

He then said hey I need to know where you are interviewing at the moment so I don't duplicate your application............the phone went dead ! yip that was me cutting him off................

Puxley are great !

Comment

They really are a bunch of *******, aren't they?

Pisses me off no end when an agent phones and leaves a message asking you to ring then when you do they are 'out to lunch, busy, on the phone' or all three!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post
        Agent calls and leaves a message asking for me to call back, I call back no more than two minutes later and he aint got a clue who I am, I say you just left me a VM, he goes oh you !

I can see this is a fishing trip so I let him carry on ! after about a couple of mintues he says I'm happy to send your CV across, I say great who's the client he replies back saying I cannot tell you. So I say my CV is going the client but you won't tell me, thats strange !

He then said hey I need to know where you are interviewing at the moment so I don't duplicate your application............the phone went dead ! yip that was me cutting him off................

Puxley are great !
        His name wasn't Mark or something with a Northern accent ? I remember he used to go on super fishing trips with me; especially when I took my CV 'off' Jobserve just after I got a gig, that signalled him to ring me up immediately to throw bait and get leads to replace me in my new role .. the scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
          Also been speaking to another guy the last 2 weeks who told me he was just out the army and new to the recruitment industry. He updates me almost daily with apologies for the delay from the client, etc.. wonder how long before the industry culture consumes his good character.
          Thats what we need more of!

Me: "Get my CV down to client and that's an order".
          Army Type Recruiter: "Right away SARRRR! Left, right, left, right, left, right, left!"

'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Breaking news.

It rains in England.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Thats what we need more of!

Me: "Get my CV down to client and that's an order".
              Army Type Recruiter: "Right away SARRRR! Left, right, left, right, left, right, left!"

Never having served in the Armed Froces however during my IT career Ive met a few X-Service contractors - and without exception I have found them to be very good to work with and excellent companions.

An X-Army recruiter ?

Can only be good news.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 February 2009, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
              X