• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we so resigned to the doom now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we so resigned to the doom now?

That this does not even get a mention -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7883255.stm

The governor gave a strong hint that the Bank will have to consider "unconventional measures" to boost the amount of money in the economy in the near future as interest rate cuts have been less effective.
    As previously discussed, is the Bank of England now gearing the country up for the printing presses to start, along with the idea that it might not work and if it doesn't then the country is doomed?

yes I've had enough.

I try not to read the papers now

the only english channel where I am is CNN - so the TV stays off
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

"Are we so resigned to the doom now?"

Pah! Molly-coddled people have no comprehension of what proper doom is. Just wait until doomy things start happening to them.
      Last edited by Doggy Styles; 11 February 2009, 23:12.

Comment

Hopefully if it gets any worse old Merv will introduce negative interest rates so I'll finally get something back.

Saw a story today - 15 year old chav and 17 year old chav partner, expecting triplets, on benefits.
        Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          That this does not even get a mention -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7883255.stm

As previously discussed, is the Bank of England now gearing the country up for the printing presses to start, along with the idea that it might not work and if it doesn't then the country is doomed?
          Yep. Bank may start printing money to reverse 'deep' downturn
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

This isn't doom. Nothing like it.

The real doom will start when Mother Nature gets hacked off with mankind for breeding like rabbits and generally screweing up the planet, and does something about it - probably through the medium of a rather nasty and virulent virus.

Then you can start complaining about doom.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              yes I've had enough.

I try not to read the papers now

the only english channel where I am is CNN - so the TV stays off
              I agree. I only watch Cbeebies. At least they dont lie on there....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I agree. I only watch Cbeebies. At least they dont lie on there....
                Are you sure - you understand Tellytubbie and Night Garden talk?

(Can't get Cbeebies in the hotel here!)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  Are you sure - you understand Tellytubbie and Night Garden talk?

(Can't get Cbeebies in the hotel here!)
                  I understand TinkyWinky when he waves his hand like he is shaking maxwell house coffee beans. He is referring to Gordon Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I understand TinkyWinky when he waves his hand like he is shaking maxwell house coffee beans. He is referring to Gordon Brown.
                    I hope the kids understand that way they will neve vote new lab when they grow up!

Comment

Working...
                    X