• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Celebration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Celebration

Today, Google are celebrating Charles Darwin's 200th Birthday.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish Charles my congratulations, and more importantly, congratulate him on living so long !

Well done Sir !
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish Charles my congratulations, and more importantly, congratulate him on living so long !

Well done Sir !
    Talk about survival of the fittest!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Well done Sir !
      Great link BGG. I might boomark that as my SKA browser has been giving strange results of late.

Comment

Not quite.

google.co.uk are celebrating it.

google.com are not.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Not quite.

google.co.uk are celebrating it.

google.com are not.
          Evolution doesn't happen in the USA. Or they are a different species.

Comment

First sponsored link on Google.co.uk:

Don't let Darwin make
            a monkey out of you! We dare you
            to think for yourselves. Visit us.
            www.saffronplanet.net

FFS
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

First sponsored link on Google.co.uk:

Don't let Darwin make
              a monkey out of you! We dare you
              to think for yourselves. Visit us.
              www.saffronplanet.net

FFS
              I despair

Comment

For the unbelievers... in science

Time for a rant, methinks. The believers can, atheists aren't supposed to. Bollocks: I can feel passion too.

My belief system says creationism is implausible superstitious rubbish clung to by immature, juvenile minds that are incapable of grasping the reality of life. Suitable for explaining the world to ignorant peasants to prevent rebellion, inappropriate in a society that flatters itself with modernity.

I pity devout Christians and I am saddened that they are allowed to enforce their indefensible beliefs over perfectly straightforward scientific activity for generation after generation purely to satisfy their own rational self-doubt.

Of course there's no God, FFS. There's no Tooth Fairy, no Jack Frost, no bogeyman-under-the-bed and there is no God / godhead / group of gods living on a mountain / aliens directing us / mystical powers in star constellations. Grow up.

Of course there is no 'right religion'. They're all wrong. Not just all-the-others-except-yours. Including yours. At best, misguided. But still wrong.

And quite how anyone in the western world can cling to one of these appalling desert religions completely defeats me. (Yes, I am talking about all the various incarnations of Christianity and Islam.) Having faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster is far more appropriate and reasonable. Dammit, Western or Northern European paganism is a far more relevant system of values than "don't eat fish on Fridays" and "dead babies got to an inbetween place".

It's all make believe. There is no God. Get over it.

Offended? Pray for an angel to strike me down. Or blow yourself up in a bus queue in the name of your god. That would make sense, wouldn't it? ****wit.

Oh, and one last thing. before you slag off the theory of evolution, try actually reading The Origin of Species. I am sick to death of reading comment and discussion about where he got his ideas or what it means written by people who have clearly not read the book. Just ******* read it. He explains, in the book, what he saw over and over and over again and what conclusions this led him to. It is jam-packed with evidence, but light on opinions. He leaves it to the reader to draw their own conclusion if they so wish. It is an remarkable demonstration of how to present a complex new idea to an untrained audience. It is not brainwashing, he doesn't say there is no god (I will: there is no god, BTW), he merely presents what he saw. Read it, then comment. Meanwhile stop forcing your childish, implausible, indefensible lies into other people's heads.

Comment

Well done Sir !
                  Indeed. And who'd have thought that people like us have evolved from the monkeys we see around us every day. Genius.

Comment

Time for a rant, methinks.
                    Your blood pressure must have halved by the time you finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X