• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Business account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Business account?

Is anyone here banking with Barclays for their Ltd? Are there any serious cons to the business account?

I am, mainly because my personal account is with them. Which means money transfers immediately.

You get the first year without any charges, not that they are that much anyway IMHO.

Comment

Yep. No problems here.

Online banking is good, though they do make you use one of those silly reader thingies.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I have mine with them, but mainly due to my daughter working for them.

No probs at all

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenboy View Post
          I have mine with them, but mainly due to my daughter working for them.

No probs at all
          Do they charge a monthly fee?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Yep. No problems here.

Online banking is good, though they do make you use one of those silly reader thingies.
            I don't mind those as it happens. I had a business account with HSBC for a while but I moved because to use their online banking they insisted on using certificates - i.e. I couldn't log on on any other machine other than my own and often the certificate would get corrupted by new software installations. used to drive me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              I don't mind those as it happens. I had a business account with HSBC for a while but I moved because to use their online banking they insisted on using certificates - i.e. I couldn't log on on any other machine other than my own and often the certificate would get corrupted by new software installations. used to drive me nuts.
              In fairness to HSBC they did provide me with instructions on installing the certificate to other computers...

However they replaces the certificate system about 2 years ago in favour of a securty device.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                In fairness to HSBC they did provide me with instructions on installing the certificate to other computers...

However they replaces the certificate system about 2 years ago in favour of a securty device.
                Really? I assumed it would be the same as their personal online banking.

With Abbey, everything is just plain text with no funny tricks... to me that's a great thing.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I moved from Barclays to HSBC and their online banking is far superior.

No silly calculator that doesn't even add up

Comment

Barclays bank - good in parts....

I moved from Abbey, having had two large unuathorised withdrawals within 6 months. Both of these had a very similar MO, the "users" rang the call centre, provided all my security details, created payments to recently opened third-party personal bank Abbey accounts for people with Eastern European names.
                    It was very interesting to see current and deposit accounts with a combined value of around 10,000 being set up to be cleared, all within a single day.

So I moved to Barclays, mainly for the extra security. So far OK, but on the website I can only display transactions back as far as the middle of November (which is pretty laughable). The PIN-Sentry device is OK, but you have to enter the PinSentry details at the beginning. With Nationwide, you log in using your passwords, and you can look at account details, but you have to use the PIN device to make payments or create a new payment.

The charges are satifactory and the deposit interest more than offsets those charges.

Comment

Working...
                    X