• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Equality and Diversity training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equality and Diversity training

I've been told I have to do a two hour Equality and Diversity online training course.

Has anyone else had to do similar tulipe?
    Cats are evil.

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I've been told I have to do a two hour Equality and Diversity online training course.

Not since contracting. But if the client is paying for it, milk it. I've access to a client's account on Books 24x7 site. Didn't make full use of it. Wish I had.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Yes, we have similar exercises at ClientCo. A recent one was "How to handle a bribe" but there was no option for accepting payment in unmarked, non-sequential bills delivered in a brown paper bag
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Happens to the "best" of us:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7885081.stm
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Are they paying you to attend? If so, what's the problem?

Yes, 'cos I work on government sites, I've done load of equality, health & safety, site awareness and other stuff. Some required attendance, some was online. Most of it I have done half a dozen times now.

And having MyCo charging at about £1 per minute, I don't have any problem with that at all thankyouverymuch.

Miscellaneous principle: never turn down free training.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Yes and the course was utter bollocks. Full of trick questions. "Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".

Where the wife works a load of them had to go on a 'working with your Indian colleagues' course which I thought was a little bit patronising. Presumably there is a reciprocal course.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Is that the same one Prince Harry was ordered to do?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

[QUOTE=Alf W;770419]"Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".
                QUOTE]

Reminds me of something that happened once in a pub where I was drinking. I was sat out the back in the pool room and in come 2 blokes one of whom was carrying a pool cue. On entering the room anyone over 5 1/2 foot tall needed to duck under a rather low slung beam, unfortunately one of these 2 guys didn't;

Smeck!

Cue lots of laughter from yours truly at which point his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind. Turned out he wasn't carrying a pool cue at all. God, I felt so ashamed (and yes, I know I deserved a smack whether he was blind or not but I was 18 at the time)

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind.
                  Typical.

So it wasn't the blind bloke that complained, it was someone on his behalf. A miserable do-gooder who belittles and disables the blind person by speaking for them.

Still, it might have been nice of this blind person's 'friend' to have warned them of the low beam. What a considerate soul. Not.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

[QUOTE=wurzel;770446]
                    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    "Aha, that is not a blind man it is just a man in dark glasses, walking his labrador and holding his visually impaired friend's white stick you disablist you".
                    QUOTE]

Reminds me of something that happened once in a pub where I was drinking. I was sat out the back in the pool room and in come 2 blokes one of whom was carrying a pool cue. On entering the room anyone over 5 1/2 foot tall needed to duck under a rather low slung beam, unfortunately one of these 2 guys didn't;

Smeck!

Cue lots of laughter from yours truly at which point his companion rounded on me and demanded to know whether I'd noticed that friend was blind. Turned out he wasn't carrying a pool cue at all. God, I felt so ashamed (and yes, I know I deserved a smack whether he was blind or not but I was 18 at the time)
                    Shocking. The beam could have taken his eye out.

igmc
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X