• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't pimps read CVs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't pimps read CVs?

About halfway down the first page of my CV - below the bits about my PM skills etc I have written that I have lead projects / developments using Oracle and Java.

The rest of the CV is all PM PM PM.

So why do pimps call me up for Java/Oracle developer roles?

Are they short of candidates?

(vent over - thanks!)
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    About halfway down the first page of my CV - below the bits about my PM skills etc I have written that I have lead projects / developments using Oracle and Java.

(vent over - thanks!)
    Most of them don't know what the tech terms actually mean - they just look for buzzwords
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Damn those complex SQL SELECT statements...

Try being a "C" developer and see what kind of interest you get...
      If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Comment

A mixture of low intelligence, a short attention span and tulipe filters for keywords on CV's I'd imagine.
        I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Tell me about it! The last gig I had (9 months long) was in telecoms, my previous 10 years experience was in investment banking (business and IT). A pimp rang me up once and said "although your skills fit this job spec, you're not suitable as you have no investment banking experience".

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I had SAS on my CV for years and took it off in the end. I'm not a SAS expert I just installed in once in 1999. I still receive emails and telephone call reference it. I might but it back on again just for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
              I had SAS on my CV for years and took it off in the end. I'm not a SAS expert I just installed in once in 1999. I still receive emails and telephone call reference it. I might but it back on again just for a laugh.
              Think yourself lucky that you don't get called about black-ops in Iraq!
              If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Comment

About halfway down the first page of my CV
                No one reads much past this point.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

(vent over - thanks!)
                  Not at all, as I am one of the Java devs. If you get calls about Java roles, pass'em on to me please

Comment

White on white is your friend when it comes to keyword searches.

A few examples:

I am not a CCIE
                    I have never used Zachman
                    I once went past an investment bank on a bus

You can work out more I'm sure...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X