• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's getting crowded up there...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's getting crowded up there...

Have we done this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7885051.stm

Oh dear.

Instead of two lumps to track, now there's thousands... and it'll take a while before the bits decay...

Those Iridium satellites are a waste of (aero)space anyway. Floating around with the Galileo satellite doing nowt.
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Those Iridium satellites are a waste of (aero)space anyway. Floating around with the Galileo satellite doing nowt.
      They make a nice flare which you can see in daylight.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

....how long before the conspiracy theories start coming out?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

US spy sattelite shot down by Russian sattelite over siberia

Comment

Global Warming

Well there's your answer!

Lots of bits of shiny metal hurtling round the earth trapping in all that heat!

Alternatively, who thinks I could get a UN grant for researching the effect of global warming on orbitting satellites and the increased risk of collisions?

Let Bill launch his fleet and watch the fireworks begin!!
            Last edited by Codejock; 12 February 2009, 13:00. Reason: oops
            If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Comment

Well.................

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              ....how long before the conspiracy theories start coming out?
              ....if you were a nation looking to conduct nefarious activities in Siberia that you might not want other nations to see, what better way of preventing spy satellites could there be than filling the space above with chaff.......

......personally, I blame the bankers. It's probably where they've hidden all the money.....

Comment

Actually it could have been a killer satellite test by the Ruskis. It's not beyond reason to think so. It wouldn't be the first time...............
                Bored.

Comment

...I think it's aliens
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                  X