• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 years left

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 years left

The planet will be in "huge trouble" unless Barack Obama makes strides in tackling climate change, says a leading scientist.

Prof James McCarthy spoke on the eve of the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which he heads.

The US president has just four years to save the planet, said Prof McCarthy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7885036.stm

No comment really. Been nice knowing you. Time to be with loved ones I guess, before we all die in 2012/13
    Bored.

Utter bollocks!!!

Comment

48 hours to save the planet works, 4 years, can't see it getting the punters in
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Complete carp - Prince Gordo saved the planet three months ago.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yup.

The Aztec/Inca/some southern Amerindian calendar only went as far as 2012.

Now we know why...

Comment

Not much point in me getting an offset mortgage then is there?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Yup.

The Aztec/Inca/some southern Amerindian calendar only went as far as 2012.

Now we know why...
              Is that when the Mothership is going to return and put us all out of our misery?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                Is that when the Mothership is going to return and put us all out of our misery?
                The mother ship is already here - it knocked down two satellites yesterday, remember?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This is terrible news. How am I going to pay off all my debts in such a short space of time?

Comment

What a load of old codswallop.

I swear in 500 years time the inhabitants of Earth will be looking at this current bunch of scared pathetic little humans in their history lessons and laughing their collective arses off at how we thought ourselves so clever as to be able to manipulate the building blocks of life, but allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the corporations and governments into coughing up even more money to perpetuate this eco-fraud that we are currently being subjected to.

Not a popular opinion I agree. But I've still yet to see a single shred of categorical evidence that climate change is due to the effects of mankinds activities and not just another of the many natural shifts in the Earths climate that I think have more than likely affected our planet over it's 4 billion year history. But hey, forget good science - it's simply not profitable is ut?

I can see the argument for renewable energy. What I can't see though is the argument for GM crops to feed the rapidly expanding population, as a cull of all the chavs round my way would be a good start and could if successful lead eventually to a global cull of all chavs - a project I would be more than happy to lead BTW.

As Sir Bill of Hicks so eloquently put it "it's not like we'd lose a cure for cancer."

Flame away...
                    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X