• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speechless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speechless

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...1.cms?flstry=1

LONDON: Indian companies are being drafted in to run the information technologies of British government departments whose blunders and gaffes have cost the taxpayer billions of pounds.

Senior executives of several Indian information technology majors held an informal meeting with Trade Minister Gareth Thomas and other members of the British parliament Wednesday night to explore the possibility of an Indian rescue mission.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

"I want you to lay down your life, Perkins."
    "Right sir!"

"We need a futile gesture at this stage. It will raise the whole tone of the war."
    "Yessir!"

"Get up in a crate, Perkins."
    "Sah!"

"Pop over to Bremen."
    "Yessir!"

"Take a shufti."
    "Right sir!"

"And don't come back."
    "Yessir"

"Goodbye, Perkins. God, I wish I was going too."
    "Goodbye Sah! – Or is it au revoir?"

"No, Perkins."
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Rename a few bangra MP3 files to .class and away you go.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ghlight=bangra
      Cats are evil.

Comment

The feckers will be smart enough to do the first one on time and on budget before the sabotage starts.

Comment

They could solve all this by making public sector management jobs "performance related pay". This would separate the good from the bad, give them all a £15k basic with unlimited performance related bonus.

Mind you, I'd rather see my taxes go to the indians, than the pockets of unaccountable people in the civil service.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...1.cms?flstry=1

LONDON: Indian companies are being drafted in to run the information technologies of British government departments whose blunders and gaffes have cost the taxpayer billions of pounds.

Senior executives of several Indian information technology majors held an informal meeting with Trade Minister Gareth Thomas and other members of the British parliament Wednesday night to explore the possibility of an Indian rescue mission.

This is pretty gobsmacking. They give out all govt work to big consultancies, who produce inadequate results for vast sums of money. Then the govt themselves eff up the data. Now they want the Indians to fix it.

The wallflowers in this party? Britain's large supply of competent IT contractors, overburdened and unwanted. I have just about had enough.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              ....I have just about had enough.
              I passed that stage years ago
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

So my gaff is replacing all contractors and 60% of its IT Staff with Indian outsourced companies.

I will soon be heading up an Indian Dev team.

Lovely.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

dont the visa restrictions apply shurely this cant be right

Comment

Yeah, but EADS, EDS / HP, Fujitsu, CapGemini and IBM ain't exactly British companies either.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X