• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorway Queue Jumping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorway Queue Jumping

Always a large queue for your exit slip road
    what do you do?
    Get to lane 1 in plenty of time
    51.02%
    Wait till the last minute then jump in
    34.69%
    AndyW commandeered my car for dogging sessions with my Mum... I only bike or bus
    14.29%
    Coffee's for closers

Never a real rush anywhere and it is always good to watch people realise I'm not going to let them in

Comment

Where's the option for trying to ram the people who try to nip in at the last minute?

It's rather entertaining to do at roadworks and end of lane points too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurficus View Post
        Never a real rush anywhere and it is always good to watch people realise I'm not going to let them in
        Agreed.

Can't be @rsed to rush.

Comment

depends on whether there's a storm worth chasing.

Comment

I personally would pull in with plenty of time. However...

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            It's rather entertaining to do at roadworks and end of lane points too.
            Disagree. If there is active road that allows people to zip merge why should you not use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              what do you do?
              According to Tara Parker Tompkinson, you push in at the front and if everyone did so there would be no queue. You have to admire the CyberTory level of stupidity
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post

Disagree. If there is active road that allows people to zip merge why should you not use it?
                Because people don't zip merge, they leave it too late, don't signal and then force the lane they're jumping in to to brake and stop.

Poor lane discipline by selfish drivers causes miles of tailbacks, seen it thousands of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post

Correct. I dont get these morons who leave a lane empty for miles and wont let other drivers 'zip merge' because they're too concerned with the 4.5 metres of road they're 'owning' at any one time.

People cutting across for the outside lane to the slip road at the last second get on my pip though. That move is dangerous.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

what do you do?
                    Patiently join the queue.

If you see any "jumpers" zoom past, stick pins in your in-car voodoo kit, and hope they die of something horrible.

30 people doing the same will ensure enough bad karma will be built up to smite these wretches off the roads.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X