• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

relaxing into the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relaxing into the bench

A bit of a worry ! I'm starting to relax into the leisurely mornings, half hearted Jobserve searches and a bit of tinkering around the house and in the garden.

After an initial panic and apply for anything approach I'm now coming up with reasons to justify not sending a CV

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    A bit of a worry ! I'm starting to relax into the leisurely mornings, half hearted Jobserve searches and a bit of tinkering around the house and in the garden.

After an initial panic and apply for anything approach I'm now coming up with reasons to justify not sending a CV
    That can be a good thing to be honest. You will start to apply for roles with more judgement rather than by randomness.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I'm exactly the same. When I finally get a new contract, I find myself wondering what I'm missing on Hill Street Blues or Without a Trace. Forcing myself to watch Bargain Hunt usually supplies the required motivation to get a new job.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but on the other hand - enjoy the time off and do some of those things you've been meaning to. To me, having that down time is one of the major bonuses of being a contractor.
        Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
          I understand what you are saying, but on the other hand - enjoy the time off and do some of those things you've been meaning to. To me, having that down time is one of the major bonuses of being a contractor.
          I've always enjoyed my downtime but it isn't quite as relaxed when you know there are no jobs out there, so it's not entirely your choice !

Comment

I've always enjoyed my downtime but it isn't quite as relaxed when you know there are no jobs out there, so it's not entirely your choice !
            I totally agree, I didn't work november or december, and I couldn't relax at all. Especially with all the doom and gloom news stating how many millions are unemployed.

If I'm out of work next november I'm going on holiday for 2 months, sod sitting at home like that again.

Comment

If you don't need the money, why worry.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If you don't need the money, why worry.

... and if you do need the money, get your accountant to issue a P45, claim 'contributions-based JSA' because you have paid your NI and are entitled to claim for six months.
                After that you have to be means-tested, and then you can claim Housing benefit and Council Tax benefit if you qualify.
                HMG do not encourage people to work with its mass immigration that takes our jobs. I understand from what I was reading yesterday though that permits for non-EU workers are to de dramatically cut....... about time too !!!

Comment

roots I sent you a pm

Milan.

Comment

Well we've all been told this morning that no contractors will be renewed past the end of their current contracts. They are going to try and offer temp permie positions instead....

So I'll be looking forward to the start of the trout season at the end of March and spending some time fly fishing in the river.

Comment

Working...
                    X