• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's CyberSmug today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's CyberSmug today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7887796.stm

I've not read the judgement yet as I just heard the news on the radio, but I am not that surprised. After all, judges are very close to HMG.

The next step is to appeal to European Court of Human Rights where we stand a much better chance of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      I've not read the judgement yet as I just heard the news on the radio, but I am not that surprised. After all, judges are very close to HMG.

The next step is to appeal to European Court of Human Rights where we stand a much better chance of success.
      Yes just like the PCG against HMG re IR35. Not.

Comment

Anybody with shares in other banks should now be very worried, because based on this judgement HMG will see itself in a strong position to nationalise all banks very cheaply, and as if bust.
        Barclays for instance, should worry very much if the have to go to HMG.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Yes just like the PCG against HMG re IR35. Not.

Did they go to ECOHR ?

Comment

HMG would have to abide by decision by ECOHR and has already lost many cases.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/co...es/4789300.stm

Comment

I haven't read much about this but what's your case?
              Is it that there were potential private buyers for NR who would have returned more value to the shareholders?
              Bored.

Comment

From the article:

"At the time of nationalisation the government said that any subsequent valuation for compensation purposes should be based on the assumption that the Northern Rock had not been a going concern."

Any bank that needs a bailout is not a going concern IMO and the subsequent rescuer is entitled to value it as it thinks fit. If the banks don't like it, how about running themselves as proper banks and not overleveraged gambling machines. Then they wouldn't need a bailout, eh?

Face it Cyber Cretin, it's a fair judgement and you lost because you have no clue about your investments.
                Now will you stop boring us with your absolute gobtulip, you cretin?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Is it that there were potential private buyers for NR who would have returned more value to the shareholders?
                  He doesn't have one. He was the shareholkder in a crap organisation that got showed up. End of.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

There are previous threads on this, but yes:

Lloyds offered 4 quid a share but HMG refused guarantees in August 2006, precipitating the run.

Richard Branson, a management buyout, and a major entrepreneur all made offers but HMG deemed that they did not offer enough for the taxpayer.

Comment

Working...
                    X