• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd question from Clientco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd question from Clientco

LOL 2 weeks into contract - Boss asks what it would take for me to go Perm?!

Should Alarm Bells start ringing? The project I am on looks a good 18 monthers but they want senior roles field for a wider global adoption and roll out of the platform[s].

He has basically asked what it would take....

How would this relate to the agency? Would they get a cut? Surely not?

Assuming you're answer is no to going perm, everything else is a moot point...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Assuming you're answer is no to going perm, everything else is a moot point...
      Agree - but than everyone has a price to move to Perm - even a contractor if the role would suit and above all you get a decent rate after tax in the account.

Tempted to throw in a figure for indication.

Comment

8 Weeks holiday a year
        Full healthcare & dental
        Ability to tell boss to go **** himself whenever it's needed.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post

Should Alarm Bells start ringing? The project I am on looks a good 18 monthers but they want senior roles field for a wider global adoption and roll out of the platform[s].

Don't turn to the dark side

Comment

Agree - but than everyone has a price to move to Perm - even a contractor if the role would suit and above all you get a decent rate after tax in the account.

Tempted to throw in a figure for indication.
            Oh I have a price, but Moscow Mule is on the right lines, and somehow I don't feel that most managers would grasp the reality.

Comment

I wouldnt go for 90k - Id want a base stretching over 100k and a decent bonus and at LEAST 28 days holiday and working from home 2 days a week.

Too much ? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                Don't turn to the dark side
                I know I know - but this place as alot of opps for someone of my skill and background - especially to move around and actually be involved in getting things done. But lets see.

Comment

Yes. Agents on here could tell you, but I'd guess quite a large cut. They are basically looking at a loss of 15% of six months contract rates, or more, and would want compensated accordingly. E.g. a couple of months salary?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Yes. Agents on here could tell you, but I'd guess quite a large cut. They are basically looking at a loss of 15% of six months contract rates, or more, and would want compensated accordingly. E.g. a couple of months salary?
                    Perm placing fees are normally something like 30% of salary, so could be a fair whack...

Not heard of an agency enforcing "end of contract" costs in a Contract to Perm situation (they just get their perm placement fee). Then again, who knows what they would do in this economic climate...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X