• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone speak Polish?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone speak Polish?

Acer spares is orff to Poland...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7888140.stm

You know it makes sense.

There are very few building regs in Poland meaning people like me can build massive warehouses.

Also people put thier operations in poland because it is close to the geographic center of Europe and has very good transport links.

If you go back 60 years the Nazis located Auschwitz there for the very same reasons.

Comment

"In order to offer a better customer service level..........."

Why do they always spout this drivel?

cut costs

they should at least be honest........ Well OK the phrase "Oink Flap" springs to mind

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        "In order to offer a better customer service level..........."

Why do they always spout this drivel?

cut costs

they should at least be honest........ Well OK the phrase "Oink Flap" springs to mind
        Trust me, their service was awful. Anything will offer a better customer service level.

Comment

So much for the cheap Pound.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

.. and the Poles are also getting all of those lovely things called jobs building the next wave of power stations in the UK. British workers have been told not to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              There are very few building regs in Poland meaning people like me can build massive warehouses.

Also people put thier operations in poland because it is close to the geographic center of Europe and has very good transport links.

If you go back 60 years the Nazis located Auschwitz there for the very same reasons.

I visited Auschwitz in 2006 while staying in Krakow. I recommend Krakow for a visit, although you may have the misfortune to bump into drunken scots who threaten your mates for no apparent reason. Lager was one pound a pint in the seediest bars.

Comment

Some people have some very odd ideas about Poland. This is years ago like, but I had a wonderful contract many years ago at the Polski Fiat Factory near Katowice, they had one of them Tandem NonStops and the whole factory was automated with top class PLCs everywhere. Ok, you might say, that's Fiat throwing money about, yet outside the factory they had better computers, top end Compaqs, for doing the book-keeping in ice cream shops than they were giving a developer in the UK to work on.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  you may have the misfortune to bump into drunken scots who threaten your mates for no apparent reason
                  No need to go to Poland for that service

Comment

"Anyone speak Polish? "

Yes, I'm a Polisher.

Comment

Working...
                    X