• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank you Basepoint.co.uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Basepoint.co.uk

Arrived back home today to find a note from the postie informing me that a letter was waiting for me at the depot - it hadn't been delivered due to a 15p shortfall in the postage. So after driving out to the depot and handing over £1.15 (the other quid added on as a handling fee) I was presented with some marketing cr@p from Basepoint for their "virtual office" service.

Muppets. They'll be getting a bill from me for wasting my time.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

THAT would have pissed me off! Imagine how many will also be having to do this if it was a mass mailout!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Arrived back home today to find a note from the postie informing me that a letter was waiting for me at the depot - it hadn't been delivered due to a 15p shortfall in the postage. So after driving out to the depot and handing over £1.15 (the other quid added on as a handling fee) I was presented with some marketing cr@p from Basepoint for their "virtual office" service.

Yes this is b****dy annoying the least they could do is write who send the b****dy thing so you know not to waste the trip.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Yes this is b****dy annoying the least they could do is write who send the b****dy thing so you know not to waste the trip.
        They won't do that because the "from name" could be the message.

A trick I never did but know others who did was to phone home from overseas when a student. Ask the operator for a reverse charge call and have an agreed list of names meaning different things.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Broke?"
        "No."
        and Daddy puts another £100 in the student's bank account.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Lonely?"
        "No."
        and Daddy sends a plane ticket home to the hostel.

"Will you accept a reverse charge call from Ima Fine?"
        "No."
        and Mummy knows her little baby is just checking in.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

And what was the letter about? Was it worth £1.15?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Was it worth £1.15?
            Not at all - it was on stiff paper too so no good as toilet paper.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Moral = if the sender isnt arsed to pay the correct postage, ignore!

I got a similar letter from the PO saying letter had 15p insufficient postage and I could collect by paying £1.15. Did I **** like!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I went to the PO to pick up an underpaid letter. I felt it, realised it was a CD and I was not expecting it, so let them keep it !!

Their letter size system is crazy because it causes a lot more work for everybody, and just makes me want to avoid the PO all the more. It must also lose business for card companies, as I am sure I'm not the only person that never buys an oversize card due to the extra inconvenience and worry about whether it will ever arrive if understamped accidentally.

Comment

Working...
                X