• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance after working overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance after working overseas

Is it neccessary to have been resident in the UK for a certain period of time before you are eligble for a SC cleared role in the UK.

I am a UK resident but worked overseas for the past year. On return to the UK and because I have not been in the country for more than 12months I cannot be considered for certain roles.

Is this really the case even though I am originally from the UK? and if so is there no way around it?

linky
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Nope, I got mine having been travelling around the world for the previous 18 months. Including through Africa, S. America and China. I can't imagine you'd have any problems. (Well not from the foreign travel bit anyway)
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Better hope nobody shops you then... AIUI you have to have been resident for the past five years. Maybe you didn't lose yours, somehow.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X