• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackberry feedback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry feedback

Thinking of getting a Blackberry device.

Use it for personal emails, but will create a rule on my Exchange Server email account with client for any urgent/important emails.

Decided on a 7100v from Vodafone.

Any one got any buying/using advice (apart from don't do it!)

Originally posted by omen666
    Thinking of getting a Blackberry device.

Use it for personal emails, but will create a rule on my Exchange Server email account with client for any urgent/important emails.

Decided on a 7100v from Vodafone.

Any one got any buying/using advice (apart from don't do it!)
    What's wrong with an SPV? How many emails are you planning on sending?
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
      What's wrong with an SPV? How many emails are you planning on sending?
      Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle? Bit ostentatious and might spoil the cut of your suit.

Comment

With Lucifer in this one, whats an SPV?

My purchase is also motivated by the need to get a better signal on M40. T-Mobile drops out all the time between M25 and Oxford.

I regularly have conference calls whilst driving and have to keep dialling back into meeting. So I thought as I was getting a new mobile I may as well try the Blackberry.

Comment

Originally posted by omen666
          With Lucifer in this one, whats an SPV?

My purchase is also motivated by the need to get a better signal on M40. T-Mobile drops out all the time between M25 and Oxford.

I regularly have conference calls whilst driving and have to keep dialling back into meeting. So I thought as I was getting a new mobile I may as well try the Blackberry.
          There a few variants of the SPV phone now. Check out Orange Shop

Never had an SPV so can't comment. I have heard good things about the SPV C500/C550 though.

Had a CrackBerry whilst with a Big 5 consultancy. Great corporate tool that makes checking for and sending email addictive (hence the play on words).
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Got the v7100 and am very impressed with it.

First 2 days spent sending emails for the sake of it, but am now getting sensible, its just a new toy thing....you know how it goes!

Comment

Ive had the Imate version of the XDA2, the Orange SPV M2000 and now im enjoying an Imate JASJAR - nice piece of kit and not bulky considering its functionality. I use it in conjunction with a bluetooth 'virtual keyboard' that projects a full size QWERTY keyboard onto a flat surface and works pretty well...

Check out http://www.expansys.co.uk for nice shiny toys....
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

bluetooth problems

got the vodafone blackberry v7100, great phone, mobile email work fine.

now trying to bluetooth it to my laptop. well it connects ok but it gives me no services, bluetooth configuration fail to operate,

have a d-link dbt-120 they said ditch the cd and use windows drives, done so and it sort of work but it does no more than pair, but then nothing.

help please, before i go back to hard wired usb.

cheers

peter

Comment

Working...
                X