• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About time too !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About time too !!

This is surely a precursor to all public sector final salary schemes being abandoned due to their unsustainability. Do we have an election looming by any chance ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7889863.stm

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    This is surely a precursor to all public sector final salary schemes being abandoned due to their unsustainability. Do we have an election looming by any chance ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7889863.stm
    Sure they'll have a review - then decide not to change anything. That's exactly Brown's modus operandi. It makes it look like they doing something but in fact they do **** all, ever.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Sure they'll have a review - then decide not to change anything. That's exactly Brown's modus operandi. It makes it look like they doing something but in fact they do **** all, ever.

I'm tempted to agree, but somebody just has to take action soon. I'm willing to give Brown a chance to redeem himself, yet again !! Surely he will come up with the goods one day.

Comment

I'm tempted to agree, but somebody just has to take action soon. I'm willing to give Brown a chance to redeem himself, yet again !! Surely he will come up with the goods one day.
        Oh ye of too much faith

(Mind you, I did notice the smiley at the end of your post)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          WHS. Only way we would get change was if a party made an election committment : though they might change their mind once voted in.

I remember in 1996 when Tories knew they would lose election they voted for massive pay rises for MPs : so now they can claim they take reasonable pay rises every year!! They should be sent back to where they were in 1996.

Comment

Rightly so, the banks are being forced to limit pay within their ranks, now that they are effectively bust.

The government is also in serious financial difficulties. They should also take it upon themselves to reduce pay amongst the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Rightly so, the banks are being forced to limit pay within their ranks, now that they are effectively bust.

The government is also in serious financial difficulties. They should also take it upon themselves to reduce pay amongst the public sector.
              Not every bank bust. HSBC are fine. So are Goldman and JP Morgan. Certain others have difficulties without being bust.

Some are totally f**ked though!

Comment

Surely Brown will come up with the goods one day.
                If you have an infinite number of monkeys bashing away at typewriters for an infinite number of years...

Comment

Working...
                X