• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schoolboy father: Alfie Patten may take DNA test after two more teens claim paternity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schoolboy father: Alfie Patten may take DNA test after two more teens claim paternity

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...paternity.html

The family of 13-year-old Alfie Patten have said he should take a DNA test to prove he is the father of his girlfriend's baby, after two more teenagers claimed they could be responsible.

The schoolboy was reported to be Britain's current youngest father last week after Chantelle Steadman, 15, gave birth to 7lb 3oz daughter Maisie.

However, it has now emerged that two other boys, aged 14 and 16, claim they could have fathered the child.

Chantelle's neighbours in Eastbourne, Sussex, have also alleged that at least four boys had been allowed to spend the night in her room.

The schoolgirl and her mother, Penelope, 38, have insisted the claims are false.

Alfie, who stands just 4ft tall, also defended her.

He told The People: "Other stupid boys are lying, saying bad things, like they have slept with Chantelle too.

"But I am the only boyfriend she has had and we've been together for two years, so I must be the dad.

"When she found out she was having a baby, I asked her 'Am I the dad?' and she went 'Yeah' so I believe her.

"I didn't know about DNA tests before, but Mum explained it's when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells you if you're the dad.

"So, if I have that, they can all shut up. But I don't really care what people say. And I don't like them being bad about Chantelle."

However, some members of Alfie's family are questioning the paternity and have suggested he should have a DNA test.

His father Dennis, 45, a vehicle fitter who has eight other children, told The People: "A DNA test is the only way to settle this once and for all.

"I kept asking if she was sure because I thought a boy of his age wasn't capable of conceiving.

"But then these other lads have come out of the woodwork claiming they have gone with Chantelle too.

"I am not saying I believe them and I don't want to blacken the girl's reputation, but we have to know for sure – for Alfie, for her and for that baby."

It is also claimed that Alfie's mother Nicola Patten, 43, who has split from his father, would like him to take the test to settle the issue.

His aunt, Julie Patten, told the Sunday Mirror: "Nicola is distraught. She told me she wants a DNA test to prove if Alfie is the father.

"She wants the truth to come out now rather than months or years down the line after Alfie has bonded with the baby and become a proper dad.

"The family think Chantelle has had at least two boyfriends before Alfie."

Richard Goodsell, 16, a trainee chef, has claimed he often shared a bed with Chantelle over a period of three months around the time she became pregnant.

His mother Barbie-Jayne, 35, also backs his story

He told the News of the World: "I know I could be the father. Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes– even my mum thinks so.

"Only a DNA test is going to sort this out properly. If I am the father, I have the right to know."

Tyler Barker, 14, also claims to have had a relationship with Chantelle, who appears much older than her years.

He told the News of the World: "I slept with Chantelle in her bed about nine months ago and I'm really worried I could be the father.

"I hope it's not me. All my mates have been teasing me about it but this isn't funny, it's serious."

The news that 4ft Alfie conceived baby Maisie when he was only 12 renewed calls for better sex education for the nation's children.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said: "I think all of us would want to avoid teenage pregnancies."

Children's Secretary Ed Balls said; "You look at that young lad being a dad when he is so young - and also the teenage girl - and you think it's not right, this looks so terrible.

"Our first reaction has got to be to make sure that the young lad, the teenage mum and the baby get all the support they need.

"And it's also vital that we do everything we can to make sure that these kind of teenage pregnancies don't happen in the future."
    =============================

Words fail me. Once there was a time when people would have been ashamed. And newspapers would not have published such tawdry tat.

<wonders off shaking head>

See what happens when you name your daughter Chantelle?

So, more sex-education is the answer. I remember reading somewhere that the Netherlands have similar sex-education to the UK. But their teen pregnancy rate is much lower.

The solution is obvious. If you father (or mother) a sprog while either of you is under 16, both parents get sterilised.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      See what happens when you name your daughter Chantelle?

So, more sex-education is the answer. I remember reading somewhere that the Netherlands have similar sex-education to the UK. But their teen pregnancy rate is much lower.

The solution is obvious. If you father (or mother) a sprog while either of you is under 16, both parents get sterilised.
      Can we also sterilise the editor of any paper that publishes any story relating to the matter?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        However, some members of Alfie's family are questioning the paternity and have suggested he should have a DNA test.

His father Dennis, 45, a vehicle fitter who has eight other children, told The People: "A DNA test is the only way to settle this once and for all.

"I kept asking if she was sure because I thought a boy of his age wasn't capable of conceiving.

"But then these other lads have come out of the woodwork claiming they have gone with Chantelle too.

"I am not saying I believe them and I don't want to blacken the girl's reputation, but we have to know for sure – for Alfie, for her and for that baby."

So, having a baby by a 13 year old boy at the age of 15 does not blacken her reputation?

There is a bit more work to do, but how long before we have an example where there is a father and child both in different years in same school?

Comment

His father Dennis, 45, a thicko who can't keep his knob in his trousers has eight other children, told The People: "A DNA test is the only way to settle this once and for all.

So did the 13 year old boy conceive then? I'm sure I read it was the chavette that actually carried the child to term.
          Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Jeremy Kyle exclusive where they'll reveal the results of the DNA tests to a live studio audience.

This is to be followed by a national tour where the people involved can be viewed in circus tents for two n' sixpence.

I can't wait for the 13 year old's autobiography which should be out soon.

I don't know which is sadder, the situation or the coverage of it.

Comment

There's a better description here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I'm looking forward to the Jeremy Kyle exclusive where they'll reveal the results of the DNA tests to a live studio audience.

This is to be followed by a national tour where the people involved can be viewed in circus tents for two n' sixpence.

I can't wait for the 13 year old's autobiography which should be out soon.

I don't know which is sadder, the situation or the coverage of it.
                IMO definetly the coverage. Without the coverage the situation might not have existed. Is there no shame anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  There's a better description here
                  Meanwhile Alfie Patten, the 13 year-old at the centre of the latest freak show, revealed he was taking a break from thrice-nightly sexual intercourse after discovering masturbation.

He added: "I don't want to miss out on an important part of my childhood."

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Meanwhile Alfie Patten, the 13 year-old at the centre of the latest freak show, revealed he was taking a break from thrice-nightly sexual intercourse after discovering masturbation.

He added: "I don't want to miss out on an important part of my childhood."

He could always wait until he gets married : plenty of masturbation after that.....

Comment

Working...
                    X