• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken Clarke made a good speech today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken Clarke made a good speech today

At last I heard someone telling it like you'd hear it on this board. There is no higher praise.

It was miles better than all that meaningless b*llocks like "modernise or die", "caring conservatism" and "we must fundamentally change". Eh?

But Ken's position on Europe is duff...

Ken

But will he get through the votes by the MPS before going to the party members.

He's been the best candidate for the last three (except maybe Hague who was in too early) and they never vote for him.

Its a bit like Threaded running to be leader of the board. The people he tells us he talks to each day say they like him (according to Threaded) but we the people who matter all think he's a c-unt.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That is it in a nutshell. The party members who are mainly shire based over 65 year old retired colonels and WI ladies will vote for whoever is the "not Ken Clarke" guy, which is why IDS got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        That is it in a nutshell. The party members who are mainly shire based over 65 year old retired colonels and WI ladies will vote for whoever is the "not Ken Clarke" guy, which is why IDS got the job.
        Well, I'm none of those things (except I live in a "shire"), and until now I would never have voted for him because he is a Europe integrationalist. That affects all other aspects of policy, so it is pretty fundamental.

But now that the Euro and the EU constitution are being shown up for the crocks of sh1te that they are, will it be so much of a problem?

Comment

Working...
        X