• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High Priest of AGW speaks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Priest of AGW speaks

"The trains carrying coal to power plants are death trains. Coal-fired power plants are factories of death. When I testified against the proposed Kingsnorth power plant, I estimated that in its lifetime it would be responsible for the extermination of about 400 species "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...er-plants-coal

I do not know if the comparison to the Holocaust was deliberate but it sickens me.
    This man (Hansen) is clearly deranged.
    Bored.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    According to those lunes, every kind of power plant is wrong or evil.

I'm heartily sick of Greenpeace, FOE, and all the rest.

I suppose their answer is to reduce the population by 95%.

Which may or may not be a good idea, depending which percent you end up in.
    Dont Greenpeace want the population of the UK to be about 40million? And they want to encourage birth control to get there gradually?

Comment

40million is not a bad number, getting there without ruining society and economy alike is the hard bit.

How do you ensure there are enough wealth creating young people around to offset against the ever longer living OAP's in this country?

In fact I wonder how the education and employment figures look for people between the age of 10 and 40 now and 20 years ago.

Comment

Actually I agree on de-population. In fact I am a generally green type. Most of the people who go on about AGW being nonsense are green. It really pees us off that this foolishness is distracting from real green issues.
        I think we need to reduce fossil fuel use, increase solar, geotherm and kinetic.
        A huge issue is the destruction of natural habits for which we are guilty as charged and this leads to massive extinction rate and indeed local climatic problems, increased flooding, etc. Flip-all to do with CO2.
        And don't even get me started on the entirely predictable un-intended consequences of using ethanol based fuels.
        Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          ... I estimated that in its lifetime it would be responsible for the extermination of about 400 species "
          I estimate there won't be any. In fact, I estimate there will be 400 new species emerging as a direct result of the power station.

One largish asteroid, and you can wave bye-bye to far more than 400 species - does this guy not know anything about evolution and paleontology?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            40million is not a bad number, getting there without ruining society and economy alike is the hard bit.
            Are you kidding?
            That would be the easy bit, it is just a matter of political will.
            Most of the basic rules are in a very interesting book called Mein Kampf.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X