• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MMR, LBC & Jeni Barnett

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMR, LBC & Jeni Barnett

Can I urge you all to:

Read this

Get annoyed.

Ask your MP to sign the EDM

And, even though you probably didn't hear the broadcast, complain to OFCOM or LBC directly.

Thanks
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Can I urge you all to:

Read this

Get annoyed.

Ask your MP to sign the EDM

And, even though you probably didn't hear the broadcast, complain to OFCOM or LBC directly.

Thanks
    If it wasn't Russel Brand, I'm not complaining.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I used to fancy Jeni, I'm not complaining either
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

For people like me who are very busy (at the moment) and very lazy, could someone briefly summarize who is claiming what?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          For people like me who are very busy (at the moment) and very lazy, could someone briefly summarize who is claiming what?
          Silly lady who doesn't even bother to get a brief inkling of the facts regarding MMR has a 40-odd minute rant on the radio about how MMR is terrible etc.

Labels a nurse (who is simply trying to put her scientifically balanced side across) as "vicious".
          Last edited by Moscow Mule; 16 February 2009, 11:01.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Silly lady who doesn't even bother to get a brief inkling of the facts regarding MMR has a 40-odd minute rant on the radio about how MMR is terrible etc.

Labels a nurse (who is simply trying to put her scientifically balanced side across) as "vicious".

It's symptomatic of the zeitgeist.
            This country has abandoned science, engineering and all the other stuff that made it rich.
            Instead the cult of personality rules, with unqualified, stupid and ignorant journalists, bankers, politicians and managers running the country.

BTW FWIW I've done the signing thing ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

He he. Stephen Fry seems to agree with me; had this to say, good for him:

"“The fatuity of the Jeni Barnett woman’s manner - her blend of self-righteousness and stupidity, her simply quite staggering inability to grasp, pursue or appreciate a sequence of logical steps - all these are signature characteristics of Britain these days. The lamentable truth is that most of the population wouldn’t really understand why we get so angry at this assault on reason, logic and sense. But we have to keep hammering away at these people and their superstitious inanities. We have to…..”
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Logos or Mythos

Today the latter is making an unfortunate comeback.

As an aside, why do seemingly educated people still indulge in terms such as 'Mother Nature' ?????
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  It's symptomatic of the zeitgeist.
                  This country has abandoned science, engineering and all the other stuff that made it rich.
                  Instead the cult of personality rules, with unqualified, stupid and ignorant journalists, bankers, politicians and managers running the country.

BTW FWIW I've done the signing thing ...
                  Well said
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

I remember when the MMR scare tripped off, in the PCG forums there was quite a heated debate. The majority seemed to think that it was the action of a caring parent to not get your kid MMR vaccinated. I took the minority stance that not getting your kid immunised was deeply selfish and irresponsible.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X