• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running at work is wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running at work is wrong

Some permie has just done it here, right through the middle of an open plan office clutching their laptop as if it were a relay baton. They weren't off to trap 2 either.

I mean seriously, does anyone think they or their job is so important that they simply must get to that meeting on time otherwise the company will fold?

I trust no-one here is guilty of such tomfoolery.

I hope you taught him a lesson by tripping him up?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
      Some permie has just done it here, right through the middle of an open plan office clutching their laptop as if it were a relay baton. They weren't off to trap 2 either.

I mean seriously, does anyone think they or their job is so important that they simply must get to that meeting on time otherwise the company will fold?

If you're late for a meeting with 10 other people, every minute is costing 11-man-minutes of paid time.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't get it either but then again I am very lazy and I charge by the hour. Why rush?

Perhaps he was just keeping fit. Offer to run with him next time.
        I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Remember it is saving gym-time as well. I applaud the permie

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If you're late for a meeting with 10 other people, every minute is costing 11-man-minutes of paid time.

That time is going to be paid regardless, and the meeting would go on a minute later if necessary. His only worry should be if he is late for many meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I hope you taught him a lesson by tripping him up?
              Thought about it but she wouldn't have thanked me for it, or confusing her gender for that matter. She muttered something about "lazer printer full of coffee" or something.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Feck all that. Gives 10 people the chance to shoot the breeze then, I'd be doing them a favour by helping to de-stress them.

Besides in this case she was just running to someone else's desk. Madness.

Comment

Thought about it but she wouldn't have thanked me for it, or confusing her gender for that matter. She muttered something about "lazer printer full of coffee" or something...

Besides in this case she was just running to someone else's desk. Madness.
                Is she fit?

In the carnal sense I mean. She's obviously well-exercised.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Is she fit?

In the carnal sense I mean. She's obviously well-exercised.
                  Not too clever, no. Your username would be particularly relevant in this case, if you get my drift.

Comment

Ah! The old "I'm so important and busy, I got to run like a headless chicken" trick.

I hear its a favourite with Anderson Androids.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X