• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dreaming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming

I am dreaming of moving to a fantasy land.

In this fantasy land, I demand the following:

1. Speak English. I can't be arsed with foreign mumbo jumbo. Bloody foreigners.

2. Incredible weather. I demand only the perfect climate. A tropical paradise without storms or rain or anything that might upset me.

3. Mind blowing education system. In this fantasy land, there must be schools like I've seen on telly in posh places. Except I want it for free.

4. World class IT. I want this tropical paradise with free world beating English speaking schools to have superb high paying IT contracts. I require millions of these at eye watering rates.

5. Cheap property. Yes, I want a billionaires mansion in this tropical English speaking nirvana chock full of £2K per day IT contracts to have lots of cheap property. Maybe even free property.

If this place could be above a kebab shop, all the better.

TIA

Funnily enough such places ALMOST exist!

I applied for a job in Dubai, it came with free schooling for the kids and free villa for the family.

Downsides are it was permiedom and the weather gets too hot.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Is it Wales?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Funnily enough such places ALMOST exist!

I applied for a job in Dubai, it came with free schooling for the kids and free villa for the family.

Downsides are it was permiedom and the weather gets too hot.
        I would have thought not being able to get sh itfaced and shag a minger on the beach was a bigger drawback.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          I would have thought not being able to get sh itfaced and shag a minger on the beach was a bigger drawback.
          Nothing stopping you doing these things in private - and the point of avoiding the chavs is to not have to witness this going on in public?

Comment

I know it's boring, but the problem is that you can't make a simple checklist work even if you are prepared to choose on that basis. You will probably make up a checklist with 5 or 6 must-haves, whereas the real checklist has 30-100 items or more, and few if any are really must-haves, though some may be "it would take a lot to overcome a lack of this".

Furthermore, most of us will miss some things off the list, mainly because we start with an idea of what the list ought to look like, but also because we forget some things that are important to us (or even deny them).

And there may actually just not be anywhere that you want to spend the rest of your life. Where you want to spend the next little bit may not be likely to appear as a candidate for long-term, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Is it Wales?
              If I'm not mistaken the utopia requested is above the Bosphorus Kebab House in Barry.

I may be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                Nothing stopping you doing these things in private
                Well if it comes with a private beach.....where do I sign-up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken the utopia requested is above the Bosphorus Kebab House in Barry.

I may be wrong though.
                  I always wondered why the "Portal to Utopia for One (with extra chilli sauce)" was so expensive on their menu.

Maybe I'll go back and give it another try.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Well if it comes with a private beach.....where do I sign-up!

Just sign on the dotted line for now - the rest of the contract will be emailed to you from the agent in due course:

Signed __________________________________________
                    Date __/________/_____
                    Witnessed By ____________

Comment

Working...
                    X