• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At Mass on Sunday.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Mass on Sunday.....

The gospel reading was about Jesus curing a leper and all the way through the rest of the service I had the image of Michael Palin in a loin cloth hopping about saying "spare a talent for an old ex-leper" running round my head.

There really is no hope for me....
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Oi! Confession! NOW!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      The gospel reading was about Jesus curing a leper and all the way through the rest of the service I had the image of Michael Palin in a loin cloth hopping about saying "spare a talent for an old ex-leper" running round my head.

That was the 3rd reading. Did you prefer the 1st reading from Leviticus?

Always interesting which bits one chooses to observe from Leviticus : it is very explicitly condemning homosexuality. But Christians seem to only follow certain laws from Leviticus.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        That was the 3rd reading.Did you prefer the 1st reading from Leviticus?

Always interesting which bits one chooses to observe from Leviticus : it is very explicitly condemning homosexuality. But Christians seem to only follow certain laws from Leviticus.....
        I have a very odd relationship with the Catholic Church, there is much in it with which I disagree. But i refuse to eat seafood
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I did palm sunday a few years ago - up on the alter I was Pilot... I so wanted to say... "is there a Woderick here?"
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

No, I think there's a great deal of hope for you. It's churchy people who take themselves sooooooooooooooooooo seriously that irritate me.

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I did palm sunday a few years ago - up on the alter I was Pilot... I so wanted to say... "is there a Woderick here?"
            Pilate.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              No, I think there's a great deal of hope for you. It's churchy people who take themselves sooooooooooooooooooo seriously that irritate me.

Pilate.
              Feck...... I knew I spelt it wrong!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                That was the 3rd reading. Did you prefer the 1st reading from Leviticus?

Some of the LGCM would disagree with that. Quite a few Christians as well. But sadly, probably a minority.

AIUI, Christians only have to follow two laws. 1. Love God with all your heart mind and soul. 2. Love your neighbour as yourself.

Comment

If the pope and the anti-pope get together to rip each other's beliefs to shreds, does that cause a critical mass?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Pilate.

Pilates

Comment

Working...
                    X