• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Logica caught breaking the rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logica caught breaking the rules

I thought it was against the law to ask for cleared candidates only?

DV Cleared Project Manager role:

Of course not that NuTories will bother to fine them or anything.

Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 16:31.

DV takes 9-12+ months to come through if the project isn't expected to last that long which is a very easy claim to make even if it's untrue then it's reasonable to ask for existing clearance.

It's very common to see SC and DV clearance in place as a requirement, it's not like the law is meaningful or enforced when it comes to these adverts so there's no point getting excited in any way about them.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyFan View Post
      I thought it was against the law to ask for cleared candidates only?

DV Cleared Project Manager role:

Of course not that NuTories will bother to fine them or anything.

IT recruiters defiant over security clearance

“The issue of…advertising for new staff and requesting that they already hold a National Security Vetting (NSV) clearance before applying is an issue both ourselves and the Cabinet Office are aware of,” said Jacky Ridley, [DVA's] chief executive.

“The Cabinet Office have already considered the issue and have concluded that employers are not acting illegally by making such a request. As this is not illegal the DVA are powerless to stop the practice.”
      DVA says they shouldn't do it. But they can't stop it.

the DVA said it was unfair
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        DV takes 9-12+ months to come through if the project isn't expected to last that long which is a very easy claim to make even if it's untrue then it's reasonable to ask for existing clearance.
        As they are offeing an extra 5 day holiday after 10 year's service, how can they argue that they only need the person for 9 months?

tim

Comment

Ah my old firm!

When I was there the top chap used to be a bit of a rabid lefty.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I gave my CV to a Logica employee a few years back whilst I was on a DV project in Cheltenham as they were looking to get some people together for a new project, he would have got a £3k kick back if I'd been taken on.

The project never happened and now they won't consider me as they don't want to shell out the £3k.... great.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              As they are offeing an extra 5 day holiday after 10 year's service, how can they argue that they only need the person for 9 months?

tim
              Sorry tim I didn't read the advert, I assumed that it was for a contract position.

Having read it it's obvious the role is at GCHQ, maybe they can argue (if they ever had to which they won't) that they don't want to risk employing someone who fails the clearance and has been a security risk during their tenure at that highly sensitive establishment.

We all know that the rules on advertising Cleared roles are utterly meaningless.

Comment

Nice to see my old firm mentioned on here - wish they really were in trouble over this - that would be funny. I left middle of last year to go contracting - now I'm sitting at home hence the dose of schadenfreude.
                "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                X