• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This morning ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning ....

..on my way into work, I was walking up the High Street when I noticed a white van and several men in high visibility jackets. As i got closer I noticed that two of the men were holding a very large pane of glass (the size of a shop window) between them!

Oh great I thought, two men holding each end of a large pane of glass, so I stopped to watch the hilarity ensue - after a few minutes it became clear that there was to be no appearance of Michael Crawford on roller skates or Wallace and Grommet on a motor bike or any other such comedy classic moments.

They just lifted the glass onto a special one sided trolley and trundled it off down the road - Gutted
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Unfortunately life is normally more normal than fiction.

(I presume you couldn't find a brick then? But I suppose they don't have internet access in a police cell).

Comment

How disappointing - I thought that this was going to be a thread about that top television show with Philip Scofield and Fern Britton.

Comment

Are you on twitter?

Are you Wilmslooooooow?

Comment

Nope

Nope

I was merely commenting on the fact that though I have seen many a comedy scene involving two men and a large sheet of glass, I have never seen it in real life.
          Maybe you'd rather I moaned on about the economy or went on about how much my house is/isn't worth.

Frankly likening me to Wilmslow is below the belt.

Pogle engaging sulk mode

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Pogle engaging sulk mode
            Think of Jesus and his wonderful teachings - that should cheer you up.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Think of Jesus and his wonderful teachings - that should cheer you up.
              I'd rather think of sex and chocolate......

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Maybe you'd rather I moaned on about the economy or went on about how much my house is/isn't worth.

Frankly likening me to Wilmslow is below the belt.

Pogle engaging sulk mode
                How much is your house worth?

Build a bridge and get over it.

Comment

I did see a similar scene in Glasgow when one of the guys dropped the very large shop front window replacement they were trying to get on to the trolly. The glass literally exploded, shards travelling more than 30 yards in all directions, chaos and screaming and an ambulance called for the guy who dropped it onto his foot.

Not very funny in real life
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                    How much is your house worth?

Build a bridge and get over it.
                    That would have to be one big bridge, unless Pogle lives in a bungalow...
                    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Working...
                    X